Of course apart from the gathered twigs I don't have any of the materials. Certainly no distress markers, but I do have a big selection of whispas and Marvy le plume watercolour pens. So I used them for the watercolouring. For the smooshing (!) I substituted the stains I have got and added a bit of Fresco Finish acrylic to give a painterly effect. Did it work? Can't really say although it looks OK to me. Finished this within the allotted time - well there are no crazy embellishments on this one to make so it's really quite simple. I think I could do a better job (for example, not do my stamping upside down) if I took my time so I may try this out again, it's a while since I've tried 'faux' watercolouring and it's a useful technique to remember. And yes, I haven't forgotten, there are two, but little to discern between them.
Yay. Made it.
Now the sun is shining and I'm off to the Oxfordshire countryside to go nosing round open gardens. A bit like WOYWW, but green and with bugs. Looks like I'll need sunscreen for the first time this year!!
Have a lovely Sunday!!