Wednesday 5 May 2021

What's On Your Workdesk, Wednesday#622

Apologies, I was AWOL last week. A combination of power cuts, cold weather, boiler failure and its urgent replacement left me in a very grumpy mood and with all the disruption and being behind with wedding prep I didn't link up last week. We now have a lovely new boiler that doesn't keep going out (it doesn't fit the kitchen cupboard where the old one was of course, but I'm hoping that is resolvable. I am already getting used to it sticking out the bottom of the cupboard however). 

Out Out - first time in ?????
There is zero crafting going on so I won't even show my empty desk. It is all about the wedding at the mo. We have now had two 'hen' do's - obviously numbers are restricted. First one was hosted by the Maid of Honour (who, because of Covid, cannot now attend the church service) for the bridesmaids (ditto) and I only went because there was a space as one was poorly. We went 'out out' to a local restaurant for bottomless cocktails and lunch and then back to her place for more cocktails, cake etc. We had a fun day but despite it being nice and sunny we were in the shade all day and it was so so so cold!! Everyone made an effort to dress up but as we all ended up with overcoats and blankets we might as well have come in our PJs. 

Here we are perfecting our shaker action.

This Bank Holiday Monday it was my turn to host an afternoon tea for the two extended bubbles on my side of the family and particularly to include 'grandma' who won't be attending the wedding. I was dismayed to see a forecast for 40mph winds at 3pm so we started early. With the gazebo attached to the verandah we managed to keep reasonably sheltered and warmish and lasted till around 4 when there was really serious danger of the gazebo taking flight and/or hypothermia taking hold.  A few  more photos of people you don't know follow here so you can skip these if you want.


My daughter Chelsey and my youngest sister Julie

The beautiful bride to be

Yes, that's me on the left

This picture of mum as Supergran cracked us all up. 

Why am I showing you this? Well it's our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely Julia at Stamping Ground - pop on over and join in, see what it's all about and have a go yourself.

Thanks for visiting, stay safe, stay well, love n hugs, Cindy xx



19 comments:

Helen said...

Glad you didn't get blown away on Monday - it was awful here by late afternoon too but you look dry! Love the tea menu! All in all, great celebrations, such a shame the wedding numbers have to be limited still.. Well done on getting the boiler sorted. Take care. Helen #?

Christine said...

What great photos! I think everyone is just so pleased to meet up with friends and family that the weather takes a back seat!
Glad you had a good time
Christine #18

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Great photos and pleased you all had such a good time despite it being so cold. Happy creative woyww, Angela x19x

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Too bad about the cold - what's with the weather these days? I can't believe we already had - what seemed like - summer weather earlier and now it's winter all over again. I'm sitting here in my wearable blanket too. Supergranny looks adorable and best wishes to the bride-to-be. I hope the wedding goes well and by then we'll have some nice weather. Happy WOYWW! xx zsuzsa #20

Caro said...

I'm glad you managed to stay dry on both occasions and meet up. Everyone looks so happy and delighted despite the cold. The photo of 'super gran' made me smile! Happy WOYWW. Take care and stay safe. With love & God Bless, Caro xxx (#9)

Mary Anne said...

PHEW. The weather was atrocious wasn't it? My niece got married on 1 May (in the USA) and luckily had good weather . Another PHEW. Lovely photos, and lucky you had an in person wedding, even if not as many as desired.
Late start - best laid plans and all that…
Mary Anne (1)

Neet said...

I for one certainly did not mind the absence of the desk when I was entertained by all the joy that you have shown to us in your blog post today. Yes, she is a beautiful girl, the bride, and I am looking forward to seeing the wedding photos and especially you all dressed up.
What a lovely thing for the maid of honour to do - such a shame she is now ill. Is someone stepping into her place?
Loved the menu - did you decorate it, for the afternoon tea and what a lovely idea again. These brides seem to do these things much better than they did in my day and it certainly looks as if everyone had a great time.
Hugs, Neet 7 xx

glitterandglue said...

Hi Cindy - supergran! Brilliant fun was had by all - but please, excuse my ignorance - but what are bottomless cocktails?? Being tee total (cos I am allergic to fruit!!) means I don't have a clue about such important matters...
All the best. Take care. God bless.
Margaret #2

Stacy Sheldon said...

Hi Cindy, Ooh I am so happy to see all the smilin faces of your family, super gran made me grin from ear to ear. :) My Oldest sister in law is going to remarry in July and the limit is 19 people so, we have not made the decision to attend yet, as she has 3 adult children and grand children etc. ( its also out of state ) but, its nice to see that you all did get together even if it was smaller. ~Stacy #29

Spyder said...

You will love your new boiler, we had a very old back boiler behind a gas fire that was as old as our bungalow and was never anyway as efficient as the one was have now. I thought they's put it in the kitchen but they put it in the attic, so we don't srr it Looks like you had a great time and super gran is a star! Happy WOYWW!?((Lyn))#6

Diana Taylor said...

What a lovely happy post this week - it looks like you've had a busy but fun time and I'm glad you managed meet up before the storm arrived. The bride looks beautiful and I hope she has a wonderful day.
Have a great week,
Diana xx #24

Sarah Brennan said...

Glad your daughter has managed a couple of COVID safe hen do's Cindy and that no-one was blown away on Monday (they would have been washed away here). Enjoy the new boiler. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

Shoshi said...

My goodness, Cindy, it sounds as if you've been having quite a time of it lately, and I'm not surprised the crafting has had to take a back seat for a while. Lovely family photos. Thank you for your sweet comment and support - I saw the nurse at the surgery this afternoon and she's referring me on to the breast unit at the hospital, and I should get an appointment within two weeks which is good. I am not too worried at this stage but as you say, given my history...

I laughed at what you said about your hubby wanting everything to stand to attention in the garden! My best friend from school's dad was in the army and when he retired, applied the same military discipline to his poor garden plants that were planted in ranks on parade and all had to stand to attention and salute when he passed by!!

So glad you are enjoying the ongoing progress of the kitty throw. I finished column 8 last night - only 2 more to go now, and then the border. I must admit it does look pretty impressive draped over his chair!

Hugs,
Shoshi xx #16

Crafting With Jack said...

Some fun photographs thus week,
Love the menu. Hoping everything goes smoothly x Angela #23

Lisa-Jane said...

Fabulous BTB hat! Loving the pic of Granny in her glasses too. Late to the party this week - stay safe and keep smiling, Lisa-Jane #8

Lillianb said...

Look like you all had a lovely time and hope the wedding goes well, Love the picture of your Mum.

Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog,

Lilian B #10

Susan Renshaw said...

Trying to catch up on commenting - it is already Friday! The problem is because we are 9 hours in front I can't manage it on Wednesday and then the time just flies!

So lovely to be able tp get together in some manner! Sorry that it was so cold and so windy!
Love the picture of Granny!

Happy WOYWW!
Susan #25

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh you did so well, and the bridal afternoon teac looked beautiful. Bloody Covid and then bloody weather! Absolutely love the pic of a super gran, those props are just great! Love the Bride’s pearly hat too, how wonderful is that. Boiler...glad it’s done and being reliable. We had to replace ours a bit quick at the beginning of last month and it’s much smaller than the old one, so the new tiles that we’ve just finished doing have a great gap in them now. Argh. Be ages before we get back to fix that!

roffeycreations said...

Hi Cindy - Maurs #33 here - am just back to WOYWW after an 8 year hiatus (non-intentional) - so am jumping round to see who's who now - lovely to see all your happy smiling faces - Cheers Maurs xxx

What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday #777

  Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely   Julia at Stamp...