Wednesday 22 June 2022

What's On Your Workdesk, Wednesday #680 (or maybe 681??)

Morning deskers, whatever number it is this week (I seem to have 679 twice and so, I believe does our illustrious leader) they come round far too fast!! 

Here's the glory that is my desk - I am about to have a quick tidy and remembered to take a pic before it was empty. 


Whilst rummaging for something else I found sheets and sheets of floral die cut decoupage. Not quite my thing, so I made up the ones I liked the look of and binned the rest. I have a plan for them but haven't got there yet. Been a bit obsessed with black polka dot card from my stash. 
I am still making flowers and fancy boxed cards.



 






Had a crafty afternoon with a friend last week. Whilst waiting for her to arrive did a quick watercolour card. The other one is the design we chose for a friend's 60th who is having a 60s themed party. That stamp is on wood and was one of the very first I bought many, many years ago!! 



I'm thinking I might do it with my class this week as there is hardly any prep and I'm feeling pretty lazy!!

It's been a good week. I sorted out my 'sentiments' - I discovered I had two filing systems on the go. There must be a 1,000. Never gonna use them in this lifetime but at least they are all together now.  Order always makes me feel positive even if I find it so difficult to achieve. I've managed to clear a couple of things off my never ending to-do list - big  tick!! I am currently cat 'sitting' for my sister (I go over twice a day) and trying to walk, it's about 3 hours a day walking so good for my step count but not sure I'll be able to manage the hot day that's forecast!! BBQ on Sunday for father's day and went into town with DD yesterday to see 'Moulin Rouge' which we thoroughly enjoyed. She's working from home today (Tues) due to strikes and just heard her on a zoom meeting discussing M&S Christmas. Eeeek!! 

I have to choose an outfit for Windsor races on Saturday and also prepping to be away for a garden tour next week - won't be desking as we will be travelling. Never a dull moment. 

So, why am I showing you my desk? Well it's our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely Julia at Stamping Ground - pop on over and join in, see what it's all about and have a go yourself. 

Stay well, stay safe, Cindy xx

14 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

WOw Cindy sounds like you have plenty on the go this week. Love the 60s theme card and the rest too. It would make a great card for a class. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #2

Helen said...

the polka dot makes a great background for the card, I can see why you're attracted to it. The cards are gorgeous.
Good luck with the cat-sitting and the walking. I have a 35 minute walk to work in the mornings (get the bus home) . Happy WOYWW Helen #4

Mary Anne said...

What a week! I thought those were actual flowers on your desk for a minute LOL! Totally not my thing either but they do look nice in a pile. Love the cards and yes, of course, give yourself permission to do an easy class. Why not? Everyone deserves and easy week every so often :D. Enjoy!
Happy WOYWW day!
Mary Anne (1)

Lunch Lady Jan said...

OOooooh yes, that black polka dot is fab and works well with all those cards! Love the 60s one, hope you have a fab time at the party! M&S is not alone, the RNLI shop already has Christmas cards in and, what’s more, people are buying them! Mad…..
HUgs LLJ 8 xxx

Annie said...

What a busy week you've had. I love all you've been busy with.
Hugs,
Annie x #7

Tracy said...

What a busy week you have had Cindy filled with good things 💕🥰⭐ from your gorgeous polka dot cards ( loving it too) tooo your watercolour and 60's themed cards 💕 Have a fabulous time at the races ... be sure to take a photo of your dress 😉 and enjoy the garden tour next week. Sending love and hugs Tracy #10 xxx

Crafting With Jack said...

Lovely cards and how decisive of you to throw those sheets away. The reason I say that is because I have some myself and I am undecided what to do with them. I actually painted over the 0nes I used this week. Happy WOYWW. Angela #11

Neet said...

Love those black and white polka dot cards Cindy, especially the 21st one. Such lovely interactive cards.
Don't envy you sorting all those sentiment stamps out, I am going to make a start on my 'stuff' before too long after clearing my friend's stash. Makes one realise just how much we have spent over the years. Mad or what?
Windsor races! Sounds good, hope we get some photos - and of the dress. have a great time, sounds like a busy life at the moment.
Hugs,Neet 3 xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Cindy, we're back. It's been a lovely day but very hot but dogs were fine as they wore their cooler coats, I wish they made them for humans. I so love those polka dot papers they look great on the card designs. Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x9x

Mariane said...

Fantastic with the polka dots ... looks so great and elegant. Order is a good thing .. I just can't find the things I need when I done organizing, hehe.

Great work.

Hugs
Mariane #20

Lillianb said...

Love the polka dot card. I have loads of card I need to use, must get it used soon, I have treid sorting my craft things but every time I start i end up crafting lol

Take care and stay safe,

Lilian B #15

Lynnecrafts said...

The polka dot is very smart. I like the 60s theme one as well. Enjoy your busy week!
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 6

Spyder said...

You have been vey busy! Love those cards! And yes, I know, I have some kind of filing system with my downloaded stuff, never in a million years will I ever use it up. And black and white dots look fabulous and in all my years of crafting can't think that I've ever used black and white dots! We are house sitting two dogs at the moment...I know...I'm retired, not doing dogs...I'm dreaming all this! Nice place. There was even a deer in the garden last night!Sorry I'm so late, only just plugged my computer back in. Have a great weekend, Happy WOYWW!? ((Lyn))#16

Lindart said...

Love the polka dot B&W cards with the pop of colour! Great cards! Sorry I'm so late, have a fun week! Lindart #18

What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday? #771

  Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely   Julia at Stamp...