Wednesday 27 September 2023

What's on Your Workdesk? Wednesday #747

Morning all! Here's my  desk this morning.

I amfrantically getting stuff ready for 'Apple Day' at our local farm next Saturday which includes craft stalls as well as more wildlife based stuff (the beavers are coming!!). TBH I don't do many craft fairs these days but hubby has a connection to the farm through volunteering and it's a nice crowd and usually busy so I'm happy to show up but don't have much in the way of stock!!

The lantern cards were made a looong time ago but I was never happy that they didn't really stand  up and it's not really very practical to hang a birthday card. But I have applied my brain (it was a good day yesterday) and come up with an interlocking acetate support for the centre. So gonna jazz these up a bit and take them with me.

Had a lovely holiday but came home needing another break and straight in to a Craft club meeting last Friday. These are my samples of the card we made, (lattice card) very simple to do but effective. 





The holiday was essentially The Lionel Show and I have to say he was an absolute angel but thank goodness there were 5 of us in his entourage!! He cultivated his talent for raspberry blowing whilst we were away - could keep it  up for an hour. Wondering if he has a future playing a wind instrument Jan? There were nearly 500 photos taken (not by me) and 90% of them were of Lionel. 

So  here are a few for you. 

(It's all baby photos from here on in. If not interested scroll on by.) 

Love n hugs Cindyxx 





Turns out he's quite a water baby despite the serious face

Good job the floors are all wipeable
Out on the razz with grandad
Just chilling in the bar






DD sent this one the morning after we got home. Little terror has discovered how to pull himself up in his cot. 

Oh Lord. 







12 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

What a great holiday you had, I loved the Lionel pics, they took me back to happy days when my boys were small and squidgy! Yup, he looks like a brass player in the making for sure, get that embouchure technique going, lol! I love your cards, they’ll sell well I’m sure, hope the festival goes well!
Hugs LLJ 7 xxx

Christine said...

Ha! Ha! so made me laugh. my eldest climbed out of her cot and found the breakfast cereal box!!! you can imagine.
What a gorgeous boy he is . . so worth a photo album . . .
Have a good week
Christine #20

Helen said...

Glad you enjoyed the holiday. I got told off years ago for teaching my cousins kids to un tie shoe laces .... oops great photos. Hope Saturday goes well . Helen #5

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

What a cutie! Really made me smile! Grand child? I've been away from WOYWW for the last 8 months, so I must have missed the announcement! Congrats in any case! How exciting to take part in a craft fair - though I can imagine it's also a little stressful with all the preparations. I'm sure it will go well! Lovely catching up, Cindy! xx zsuzsa #22

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I am impressed with the cards you created. I am quite sure they will sell quickly, too.

Lionel is such a cutie and seems to grow every time you show him. Happy WOYWW from # 3.

Crafting With Jack said...

Lovely cards and cleaver of you to figure a way to keep the candle cards up. I was thinking they would make nice Christmas decorations to hang up. Who could resist the lovely photographs of Lionel? Happy WOYWW. Angela #2

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Cindy, started off okay this morning then got distracted by the garden! I've seen that style of card before and it's a great technique which you have used beautifully. That is quite a collection of photos but not surprised as he is a real sweetie. Wishing you a happy and creative woyww.Hugs, Angela x14x

Lynnecrafts said...

glad you enjoyed your holiday. Lionel sounds like a brass or woodwind player in the making! Would it be too cruel to his parents to get him a baby recorder?
Your cards are beautiful and I hope they sell well at your Apple day! We go to tgg GT E one at Perry Court Farm soon.
Take care; enjoy your week
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 12 xxx

Sarah Brennan said...

Love the Lionel photos Cindy. When I was a baby Mum had to put my cot in the corner and my sister's right up against it as I would often climb over into her cot at night. Great cards. Good luck with the craft sale. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

BJ said...

Totally determined to get round everyone's desks this week. I ended up with the first part of a root canal procedure yesterday and a blood test today, I'm a bit zonked out as a result...
Oh those lattice cards look cool, love the floral arrangements on them. Lionel is the best, love the beach bumpkin photo. There was a little girl at the dentist yesterday clicking her tongue, it was her new found amusement, so I can understand the raspberry blowing time.
Hope the craft fare goes well. Hugs BJ#1

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Your cards are lovely, but it's The Lionel Show that stole the show! Too, too cute.

Mary Anne said...

That stand up card is da bomb! Acetate can be so useful and we get so darn much of it as packaging! Love the lattice cards too. But I agree, it is the baby photos that steal the show. :)

Happy, so very late, WOYWW!
Mary Anne (7)

What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday #778

  Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely   Julia at Stamp...