Thursday 26 November 2009

Back to vintage....

for this week's swap at Artful Ideas. The challenge was set by Maureen and was to create an ATC using an image transfer onto fabric, the theme was vintage ladies. Well, how could I resist.

I had intended to try out a new technique but in the end stayed with my usual - inkjet printer image, acrylic gel medium, water, forefinger and patience. I made a few whilst I was at it (moving from one to another stops me going too far and ruining them) but realised after some of the images were too big for atcs they will keep for another project. Did a bit of stitching but am a bit limited because my bobbin winder is broken and just can't be bothered to do it by hand and white thread is all I've got!! One of the images I used was from last Friday's ACF challenge, so will be able to post an entry on there too which I haven't managed for a long time.

8 comments:

Carol said...

Very pretty Cindy, I have never tried this technique of transferring images out, but do want to try it.

Carol x

vintage wil said...

What a gorgeous work!!!

Hermine said...

Both are gorgeous

Sandy said...

Wowe these are gorgeous.
Lovely work.

The Scrappy Tree said...

Beautiful, love the layering and the buttons!

Bel said...

Hi Cindy I haven't been around a bit as I have been unwell. I have just been checking out your older posts that I missed and I must say for a step out of your comfort zone with the zetti you sure did a fantastic job. I adore your bird puzzle pieces.
Transfer images are something I am yet to try out, yours are very pretty. Take care.
Belindaxx

Bel said...

Hi Cindy I haven't been around a bit as I have been unwell. I have just been checking out your older posts that I missed and I must say for a step out of your comfort zone with the zetti you sure did a fantastic job. I adore your bird puzzle pieces.
Transfer images are something I am yet to try out, yours are very pretty. Take care.
Belindaxx

cheryl said...

these are just gorjus love the iamges,beautiful colurs too xxx

What's n Your Work Desk? Wednesday # 773

  Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely   Julia at Stamp...