Wednesday 24 February 2010

That week went fast.....

but not a lot has happenned. Still working a lot, still carless, still on the verge of a teenager induced nervous breakdown...... but found time to make a retirement card for a friend (which I forgot to photograph) but which was very like this Mother's Day card. I have wanted to try out this 'easel card' format for a while and I really like it. I used a 'Blanc de niege' (or something) rose stamp that I picked up for a song on ebay. I have a few of these stamps now, great quality and soooo reasonable.

I stamped the rose initially in black and them several times in pink and then decoupaged it although that is not immediately obvious from the photo. I think mum will appreciate this one (Not that she ever doesn't appreciate them of course).



Also squeaked in an entry for the UK Art Raffle. The theme was valentine but with no red or pink, and I made this little heart shaped tag book with some luvvy duvvy words on it. I covered the chipboard shapes with book pages, gessoed, inked, stamped and the used some clear sentiment stickers. Because I don't like the 'hard edge' of the sticker I covered the whole thing in a selection of embossing powders (clear, cosmic shimmer marine sea lustre and holographic) and stamped into it in places. You do need to be a little bit careful with the heat gun or you could lose your stickers...... Edged all round with my Krylon - it never fails to add a bit of class and voila! Once again, although I had dithered for weeks, once I had an idea I was surprised how quickly it all came together and am quite pleased with the result. And it got there already which was a minor miracle in itself.



Well I am working the rest of this week and have a busy weekend planned with my sister (50th birthday) but not working much next week so hopefully I'll have some time to play AT LAST ... just as my new Tim Holtz book arrives I hope!! mmmm but will I get it in time for a get messy project for Tuesday Taggers? Let's hope so!!

6 comments:

Jan said...

Very beautiful card Cindy

Nicks said...

a gorgeous gorgeous card! I have missed the Art Raffle yet again, must try harder next time x

georgina said...

these are great Cindy,love the heart book and i ordered the book from qvc did you?luv georginaxx

Unknown said...

Oh those look great Cindy.

Smiles

Carol said...

Love both the card and the heart book Cindy, hope you manage your play time next week!

Carol x

Bel said...

gorgeous work Cindy, very very pretty. I love the butterfly. Have fun at your sister's 50th.
Belinda

What's n Your Work Desk? Wednesday # 773

  Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely   Julia at Stamp...