Thursday 27 September 2012

Ruby Wedding Card

 
Just wanted to quickly share a ruby wedding card for a friend. I had made a rich red background with DI's and a bit of gilding flakes and thought it would be ideal for this project. I have been waiting to use this adorable LOV image for a card and frankly, I'm a bit fed up with all those layered weddingy embossed pearl cards I've been doing. I don't care if it's a 'young' image, I like it!! (And they must have been together since they were about that big!)

 
I can't decide whether to put a '40' on the front - inside it says their name and  'Congratulations on your ruby wedding'. Whadya think? Or is it rubbing it in LOL?
 
Here are a few tags put together with some of  those bits n bobs that were in my WIP pile, odd images, bits of inky paper and backgrounds that looked promising etc. Quite pleased with these.
 
 
 
That's all for now!!

4 comments:

Astrid Maclean said...

Great card and I for one love that "young" image, it's sweet and I'm sure will bring a smile to the face of the happy couple! Loving the tags too!

Redanne said...

Hi Cindy, it is a truly stunning card, I think the young image is just perfect and personally I don't think it needs the 40 on the front. Your background with the touch of guilding flakes is just perfect. Crafty hugs, Anne x

PS, lovely tags too, love that lady image...

Julia S-W said...

Gorgeous card and for the tags are stunning!
Juliaxx

Kay Griffin said...

Beautiful card, love it! :) x

What's n Your Work Desk? Wednesday # 773

  Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely   Julia at Stamp...