Art Draw 2014

My photo
London, United Kingdom
and I would like to thank you for taking time to visit my blog. I hope you'll leave me a message - whatever you have to say I like to know you've been!! Cindy xx

Wednesday, 3 September 2014

What’s on Your Workdesk? Wednesday - #274

Morning Deskers!! Well the Bank Holiday did for me last week (didn’t think about WOYWW till Thursday which was a bit of a shock as I had to go to work that day. Doh). And having just a couple of hours sleep last night meant I wasn’t exactly firing on all cylinders this morning. Still a trip to the hairdressers and several coffees later I’m starting to get my head together. Here’s my desk:

IMG_1446[1]

Not too much going on, been trying out my Tim Holtz Butterfly Frenzy die (amazing, this month his tag challenge includes something I actually own even if…er, I have to admit I haven’t used it before). Instead of getting a jump on the challenge I have immediately got distracted into thinking of ways to use up the waste. Typical. Butterfly mind.

IMG_1447[1]Stuff still all over the table from now finished projects. Needs to go away. Top LHC a new sponge for needle felting because we got the cutest book of how to make needle felt animals at the library this week. I just have to try!

My current fave sentiment stamp ‘ have a lovely day’ a freebie from CraftStamper mag. Tag box down because someone is going to get one. That’s it, the decks are pretty clear in that I am a month ahead with all my birthdays etc. Just have to put the finishing touches to this month’s giveaway and then I think I am going to do a bit of splodging. But not until after my card making friend comes to visit tonight for our cardmaking 101 sessions. And MacMillan Open House is now less than 4 weeks away. Eek!! Better get a wriggle on.

Why am I showing you this? Go here and you’ll find out!! Have a great Wednesday!!

15 comments:

Laura said...

The negative of the butterfly die works great on that card! I do the same thing -- I bought alphabet dies because I wanted to use the negative space. :-)

Happy WOYWW & thanks for visiting! ~ Laura #53

Lisca Meijer said...

Hi Cindy! Thanks for sharing your desk. I've linked for the first time today.
I love those butterflies. I had spotted them a while ago and they are on my 'wishlist.I will order them soon.
Happy WOYWW!
Lisca #61

Cazzy said...

I like that die! I have a butterfly doily die where i use the butterflies - there are too many of them, I have a heap when I cut a few doilies. Maybe they will get used or the neighbour's kids will get them in their bag of bits - some of which ends up in the primary school art box too.
Happy WOYWW.

Cazzy x #39

Hazel said...

Love the look of the butterfly frenzy. Thanks for sharing your workspace today. Hazel, WOYWW, #34 x

Alison Wade said...

Happy WOYWW. I love butterflies and anything Tim Holtz. I just wish he produced digital designs. Ali x. #20

Helen said...

the butterfly frenzy die looks fab,both the butterflies and the outline! I have the birds in flight one which is only ok for very thin paper and is a right ..so and so... to extract. Helen 14

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh! I am jealous of that butterfly die! I expect it may well end up in a 'basket' one day!! LOL! Have fun! Chris 46 xx

Shoshi said...

Those butterflies look great, Cindy - both the positive and the negative! Love the card you've made. I am sure you will make good use of all those butterflies!

Happy WOYWW,
Shoshi #40

Hammers said...

I have a similar die by Simon Says Stamp..they are the craft retailer that I will miss when we return home to London. Love what is going on, on your desk. The tag is gorgeous. Most jealous that you are ahead with your cards. I was, then stupidly forgot to take them home and post them! Cx #59

April Story said...

What a great stencil! I just love butterflies. April #70

Eliza said...

Wow what a great card that die works wonderful with the card behind it.

Hugs Eliza & Yoda 49
Happy WOYWW

Julia Dunnit said...

It is unrealistic of me to say that I can come to your Open House, although I would love to.....can I donate some cards to sell or something?
Your desk looks very welcoming...the butterfly waste is as lovely as the original isn't it..no wonder you got distracted!!

Angela Radford said...

I love the way you have used the butterfly die, great idea, I normally use the butterflys and forget the negative section.
Happy crafting, Angela x 38

Chrysalis said...

That butterfly die is lovely - so effective. Another addition to the Santa list, methinks! Have a great weekend, Chris # 29

Marit said...

Hi Cindy I hadn't had a chance to visit you last week so I am here now... a week later (but there's no new woyww-post from you yet, so I comment on this one) Those butterflies are cute, but tiny - I envy crafters who can work neat and tiny (you guessed: I'm not one of those, ha!) Happy creating and happy woyww! Marit (#53 on September 10)

Blog Archive