Sunday 14 June 2015

Craftwork Cards Chalkboard

Happy Sunday all. Hope my daughter is having better weather at the IOW Festival!!

Had a little run at this CWC kit last night, but it does feel a bit like just plonking bits on the card.

I feel that I ought to be doing more with it.











Unfortunately when I got this kit I didn't think about getting the toppers. Although I LOVE LOVE LOVE the papers and the colours, I'm struggling a bit - there's only so much I can do with just a few frames as a focal point and there is very little contrast between the papers in the pad itself. Also I find the words designed to be in the frames are on the whole a bit too mushy for me to use on cards so I may have to try and make some of my own (and you all know how much I loved that chalkboard technique) but in the meantime decided to mix and match with some other bits and bobs.





Here's one using a die cut heart and cutting out a little square from the papers.



And I thought this teen image from Indigo Blu went well with this graphic style sheet. Just asking for a big blue 16 me thinks.



I tried out a little gorjuss girl in one of the frames.



I have a few more ideas, may play a bit more with this kit today as my gardening plans have been rained off - or will I be playing with my new prima stamps? Mmmm, have to wait and see!


6 comments:

chrissie said...

All of these look stunning Cindy.

Love Chrissie xx

SandeeNC said...

I love the cards you created! ( I always make my own sentiments, they just fir me better, so I completely understand the need to make your own! )

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Cindy... these are gorgeous cards, love them. Happy crafting, Angela xXx

Jacee said...

You have been busy Cindy, these are all fabulous!
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I was checking this post out earlier when "they" suddenly decided that I had to work. How totally rude. I love all these! You've hit on the problem I have with some kits. It feels like just pasting things together, like cheating. It has taken me quite awhile to realize that no, it isn't cheating. And it makes it more real when you start adding things from your stash to the kits. These cards are all really great!

Anonymous said...

These are so nice! I love all of them.

What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday #775

Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely   Julia at Stampin...