Wednesday 21 February 2018

What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday #455

Morning peeps. It's that time again when we grab a coffee and have a little browse round other people's desks. If you want to join in, the event is hosted by the lovely Julia Dunnit over at The Stamping Ground. It's easy to join in!!

Here's my desk Tuesday afternoon just as  I was reaching the losing-the-will-to-live stage. I had spent the whole day sorting out my sentiments. I don't know about you, but if I'm stamping or printing I tend to do a few. Plus all the shop bought ones.....Over time, there has been a bit of an explosion but I could never find what I wanted.   
This is my box of Christmas sentiment that I finished sorting in the morning. Look at them all in their neatly labelled little packets!! I know I am very very sad but I can't tell you how good this makes me feel. I do like a little bit of order in my life. Christmas stash is still awaiting a checkover before I put it away. It never got done in January because I had the lurgy and I like to get it all sorted for next year before it gets returned to  the depths of my cupboard and make sure I have a good stash of cards done in advance. I think hubby is getting a  bit fed up with the boxes on the chest of drawers!
Mum and my sister came over Monday and we had a bash at one of those new dies. Here is my first one, the suitcase which my sister wanted to make. It isn't finished yet as I ended up helping them sort theirs out. We also attacked that WIP box - about 12 cards were made and I have a few ready to finish today. (And just look how tidy that desk is after all my hard work)

This last photo is a few mats I made using up scraps from the WIP box cut into strips. I even kept the scrap from one of  the mats when I trimmed it.  This also makes me happy. I hate throwing stuff away, I'm such a hoarder, there really is no hope.

Oh, and the ironing still isn't done. I'm actually debating whether to put it all back in the washing and start again.........

Have a great Wednesday!!





20 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

Hi Cindy, love your scrap mats. I will cut pieces like that into strips and use them to create a woven look background by offsetting them. I can't throw things away either! Good luck with the rest of the sorting. The suitcase looks great; look forward to seeing it finished. Sarah #7

Lunch Lady Jan said...

No, I completely get your delight in those beautifully sorted sentiments - I adore creating and sorting out too! Those scrap mats are paper equivalents of fabric quilting - brilliant, they look great and you've saved the scraps. Win Win!
Hugs LLJ 11 xxxx

Annie said...

Oh Cindy I’m chuckling at the thought of you putting your ironing back in the wash and starting again....what a good idea 😂😂😂 I like things sorted and have a place for everything here in my sewing room....not that they are always put away or I can actually remember where the safe place things were put when I need them next 😂😂😂😂 In. Fact I’ve gone in one of my cupboards this morning and found something I bought years ago that I’d forgot I’d bought!!
Hope you have a great week.
Hugs,
Annie x #12

Cheetarah said...

yes, another fellow scraps hoarder :) It comes with the craft addiction I am afraid :) Have a wonderful week! xoxo Cheetarah #21

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Cindy, nicely organised! I have so many sentiments now- it's got out of hand,lol. And I tend to always grab the same ones, need to make myself look through them more, I think. Love the mats, great idea. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #8 XxX

Lindart said...

I love organizing things, sounds like you do too! Such a great feeling when everything is nicely in place (not that it stays that way for long!)! And how nice to have Mom and sister enjoying crafting with you! May Mom is an artist, but not a crafter.Have a wonderful week, Lindart #29

BJ said...

Oh I LOVE super tidy and organised so the box really does it for me! Love the strip blocks too, especially the blues. Thanks for the visit BJ#4

Anne said...

Hi Cindy. Thanks for popping by. I am like you and do like to be organised, being doing lots of it!!!! Have lots of scrap bits - can't throw away. Also many WIP. Have a great week. See you over on UKPC :-) Anne x #15

Helen said...

nah! Forget the ironing! I am very impressed with your organisation skills. Helen #1

Twiglet said...

Oh I wish I was a good organiser Cindy but I am afraid I am far from it. My room is Ok but not really very well sorted. x Jo

Heather M said...

Hi Cindy, wow, now that is what I call organised! Sentiments all neatly packaged up and labelled. I don't have many, so that's not a problem (yet) lol. Your desk was transformed! Have a lovely week Heather x #28

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I'm trying to get organised but keep getting distracted. it's good to have a sort out though occasionally. Happy crafty woyww, Angela x16x

Nikki said...

I agree about getting a head for next Christmas it's so much better to enjoy the holidays then rushing to make tons of cards that suitcase is adorable too Hugs Nikki 6

sandra de said...

Now that is amazingly organised ... I am in awe of someone who can follow through and do the job. I would of given up half way and chucked what was left. :(
Sandra de @19

April said...

Love your busy desk. Glad you got some of your stuff organized.
April #22

Neet said...

Love your mats! Gorgeous sherbet colours. Can't wait to see that lovely little case you started.
As for being sad - I don't think you are at all. I would love to have the time and patience to sort my wordy stamps out as I find them the most difficult to recognise. I mean a picture is fairly easily recognisable but words ??? I envy you having had the patience to do this onerous task.
Hugs, Neet 9 xx

glitterandglue said...

Hi Cindy Finally getting round everyone... WOW! I admit I'm with you - I also like a bit of order in my life. It gets to the point, doesn't it, where there is simply no room for creativity, and he waltzes out the window! That's when I blitz the workdesk, then have a little while ensuring I keep everything tidy as I work... then it deteriorates again. Aaww shucks!!
I had a good time with Mr and Mrs D - they are glad to be on their boat again, and have now set off on their travels across England. Teehee - I certainly won't be making ALL those bags myself - we have a great group of folks who each make some. I simply cut them out and make a few! It's not an Easter project, no. It's bags for Bibles - we,as a church, support two schools in Uganda, and when the children reach the stage Primary 4 they are able to read well. They love to receive their own Bible and school bag - it is like treasure to them. Just a bit of "working here to help there".
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #4

buterfliecrafter said...

Great organising!that suitcase is super adorable. Ând I am also a hopeless hoarder, I too keep all my scraps,have a lovely weekend,Vicky#31

Annie Claxton said...

I don't think that's sad at all, I think it's a brilliant way to organise your sentiments - but then maybe that's cos I'm sad too!! :o) Annie C #10

Kyla said...

Nah the ironing can always wait!!
Well done on sorting the sentiments, that's a huge chore done (fancy doing mine)!

LOVE the suitcase too, looks amazing.
Thanks for visiting my desk already
kyla

What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday? #771

  Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely   Julia at Stamp...