Wednesday 23 October 2019

What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday - WOYWW ~542

Not a lot going on apart from endlessly crafting, prepping and doing laundry. Doing stoptober so no alcohol which frankly, makes life a little boring. Or perhaps its just I'm not looking through my humdrum days through gin coloured specs. (Only joking). Good news, son has snagged a job but I'm not celebrating, we've been here before more than once this year and then they suddenly stop answering emails and phones.... As an ex personnel peep I am horrified by the way people are treated these days. Recruitment should be easier (and cheaper, but they all use agencies so probably not) than in my day because everything is done on online but they are appalling!! No standards at all. This time its a big national company so I'm hoping this one pans out.

Oh dear I seem to have gone on a rant. So here's the desk.  It is tidy as is my other desk but you don't need another photo of an empty space. Have that Christmas card to prep for a class (Pinterest, can't take credit for initial idea) and had an early morning request for an emergency 18th and have pulled out that topper and papers to do that. Plus I have to find a birthday card for someone I am having coffee with later.



My 'home and family' to do list is enormous and I'm trying not to feel overwhelmed. I'm not sure I'll even get round today. Trying to find an hour to garden or walk as well. Sometimes I think it was easier to be at work! Still, one thing at a time....
Why am I telling you this? Well today is the day we snoop around our fellow crafter's desks to see what they are up to. All courtesy of the wonderful Julia Budd at Stamping Ground. So pop on over and join in, why don't ya.

Happy Wednesday,

Cindy xx

12 comments:

Julia Dunnit said...

Gosh Cindy, I hear you. I have so much to do and every day the priorities shift and I dont get near the list. Very frustrating and panic inducing. All that and stoptober - you are a saint!! Love the card idea..and the retirement situation that enables you to just pull up a chair and whip up a card on demand...even if it’s not part of the plan. YOu are a flexible and lovely woman!

Glenda said...

I know exactly what you mean about your "To Do" list. Mine gets longer and longer and I just walk right past and end up here. Old age has some perks...like I forgot, or I'm sore, or maybe tomorrow. But it isn't getting my curtains washed or the windows cleaned either.
Glenda #18

Caro said...

Don't talk about to do lists! Mine is sooo long! Love the card on your desk and really hope it all works out with your son. Happy WOYWW. Have a lovely week. With love & God Bless, Caro x (#6)

Helen said...

I don't make lists, that way I can't see what isn't getting done! Good luck to your son, I hope this time the job works out. You're right about everyone using agencies these days. Have a great week and thanks for the visit. Helen #1

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Happy card-making - you have a lovely view from your desk straight into the garden! Don't even get me started on recruitment agencies! I have attended interviews and not been told one way or another! It's one thing that they don't reply to your application, but having attended an interview in person and not been notified of the decision is just plain rude, not mention unprofessional! The way I got my current job: my application was rejected by the employment agency, but I knew that I was a perfect match for this job, so I tracked down the company and emailed them my CV directly. They invited me for an interview and gave me the job! That was more than a year ago and since then I got two pay rises and I really enjoy working there. So tell your son to hang in there - I'm sure he'll find something perfect in the end! Good luck to him! Thanks for visiting! Have a lovely week! zsuzsa #16

Crafting With Jack said...

Making a to do list is on my list of things to do Ha Ha! Seriously sometimes it's hard knowing what to do next, I should really make one. Best of luck on the job for your son. It is hard getting a good job these days.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I've always got lists of stuff that needs doing and all you can do is keep trying working through them when you can. Wishing you a very happy though rather late woyww, Angela x13x

Sarah Brennan said...

Hope your son is successful and that he is not let down again Cindy. Good luck with your 'to do' list and hope you found time for an hour to unwind. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #2

shazsilverwolf said...

HI Cindy, I know what you mean. Almost all companies nowadays are going through agencies- from their point of view it's more efficient, as if the person doesn't pan out, they just ask the agency for a replacement, but also agree, it's not the best situation for would be employees.Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #5 X

Mrs.D said...

Cindy, your life seems so hectic, hope it calms down a bit soon.
It seems that companies want workers with commitment to the company, but the company does not want to commit to their employees. Very different from when I started work. Hope you son does get a job and it works out well for him.
Chris #11

Twiglet said...

I'm soooo late at getting round the desks - Weds and Thurs. always such busy days for me! Have a rant on WOYWW - that's what we are here for and I thoroughly agree with you. Good luck to your son. Your desk looks all neat and tidy. xx Jo

Kyla said...

ooh fingers crossed re your sons's job and fair play with giving up the booze for October, as its our wedding anniversary this month I can't bring myself to do it, but I did stop for January this year and stayed off until 10th Feb, I was SO proud I did it, not easy, so I take my hat off to you :-)

Kyla

What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday #775

Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely   Julia at Stampin...