Saturday 27 June 2020

Never Been Used Stuff - Let's get started

Long post. Picture heavy. Lets start on that Never Been Used Stuff.

Oh dear. This is most of the contents of my main NBUS box. I didn't include those where I could recall using maybe one sentiment or stamp from a set. So it's kind of even worse than it looks.




Start easy I thought. I  had watched a FB live by Tracy Evans and thought I would try out her techniques but using a Woodware stamp (Long tall flowers) for the focal image. I grabbed a piece of paper and started, hadn't really planned it at all, this was just a practice piece. Here is how it developed, I wasn't following the tutorial slavishly, just trying out what I remembered from watching it so I've probably missed out some really important bits. Various other stamps used.







Turned out better than expected, might need another embellishment but it's a keeper so will probably mount this one on something more substantial, it really was just a piece of scrap white card to start.

Decided I ought to make at least three things with the stamp to say it had been 'used'.  For no 2 I found a  stripey/painted background piece (left over from a class I think) and stamped on that. Used paint pens to colour in then realised I hadn't done the 'highlighting' on the circles. Oops. But got it done.

Made it into a card, then had to cut down and create a double mount as I had stuck it on the wrong way round. Doh. This one was lucky to have escaped the bin with all these blunders but I think I like it. It was very hot, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.



Third project, I had seen the stamp kinda zentangled on pinterest which I thought was an interesting look. Meant to stamp it twice for a landscape 5 x 7 but messed up the second impression so cut it down to roughly 4 x 4. Took a fine pen and added some stripes etc. Not sure I did it the best way but it's quite a classy card with the monochrome look and one I would do again and possibly with a class. BTW I'm obsessed with tiny sentiment strips at the moment so be prepared to see them again and again.



I had some spare paint at some point and used it on an ATC sized card and stamped again making this a fourfer. Chose a rather dark purple for the flower heads, it works but I would have preferred something a little lighter so the petals were visible. As I said, it was very hot.

One down, quite a few to go!






2 comments:

Glennis F said...

Well, at least you have made a great start!

Helen said...

Great start on your NBUS and I love that stamp!

What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday # 776

  Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely   Julia at Stamp...