Wednesday 30 September 2020

What's On Your workdesk? Wednesday #591

Morning deskers!! Hope everyone is well and keeping safe. It's all a bit one step forward 2 steps backwards at the moment isn't it?  I have of course been AWOL again - I missed one week because I forgot it was Wednesday (not knowing the day of the week is becoming a recurring theme) and last week I was away for a short break with the OH to Camber Sands. Lovely caravan, foul weather, wind and horizontal rain. Well it was a change of scene and we got to see the sea. (Thank goodness for Netflix) Was glad to get home really. 

Not really been crafting much as when here I have been gardening or prepping for my 'virtual' coffee morning/fundraiser for Macmillan. The rule of 6 put paid to my normal plans so I have opted for a zoom with quiz on Saturday morning,  a FB group card sale this w/e and a FB live 'craft with me' next Tuesday. I don't actually yet know how to do any of these things but I'm getting there. If anyone would like to join in let me know and I'll hook you up. (Now that I see our illustrious leader has bigged me up on her post, hopefully this is a direct link to my Macmillan page.  To get joining info you'll need to check out my FB page as I only get a limited space for info on the macmillan one. Any problems just leave me a message, I'll sort it out.)

So the desk is empty. Instead I'll show you some pictures of my garden. Sadly my photography skills do not match Helen's. Does anyone know what this plant is? It's been a picture.

It's really time to start putting things to bed, but everything still looks pretty good.



There are still loads of Mexican sunflowers to come out (my fault I started them off rather late) and I'm really hoping they will make a show before the weather fails. Out of about 15 plants only this one has actually flowered although the others are full of bud. So frustrating!!


Why am I telling you all this? Because it's WOYW Wednesday, the day when we go for a wander around the desks of the great and the good courtesy of the lovely Julia at Stamping Ground. Pop on over and join in why don't ya?


Stay well, stay  safe,

Cindy


 

19 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

Glad you managed to get away for a short break Cindy, even if the weather was foul. Good luck with your virtual coffee morning and fund raising for MacMillan. the garden still looks lovely. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #5

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Cindy, your garden plants look fab. There is a really useful app in the App store, called Plantsnap. You take a pic of the plant you want to identify, and it tells you what it is. A shame you had such poor weather for your break, but that England, isn't it? Good luck with the 'coffee morning'. Stay safe, Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz X #6.

Helen said...

Shame the weather didn't play nicely for your break not sure if I'll be home from kew in time for the coffee morning but good luck. Helen #3

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Good Morning, what beautiful photos you have shared. Such nice weather will soon end here, change of seasons has came a bit earlier this year. I might try to salvage 1 Geranium plant today. Was a pretty color and huge blooms. Enjoy your coffee time and have a fun week.

Mary Anne said...

Nice to "see" you too! VERY happy your blog is one that allows comment by Name/URL. I have commented on every blog that lets me do so without logging in to Google but there have been a couple of disappointments where I wanted to comment and couldn't. See? Nothing ever changes. I used to bitch about this years ago and I still am. Tsk, Tsk, Anyway, your garden looks lovely, and I hope we have a nice mild winter so spending time outside isn't a cold and dismal experience. Yes, Yes, I know this is England and all, but one can hope right?

And yes, to agree wit Shaz above, we use Plantsnap (or something like it) and it's not too bad for identifying plants when you are clueless like Hubby and me.


Happy WOYWW!
Mary Anne (1, after a sleepless night)

glitterandglue said...

Hi Cindy. Your garden looks lovely - you have obviously put a lot of hard work and effort into it. Well done. That's a great idea to have a virtual coffee morning, quiz and all your other ideas. It sounds fun. I can't join in as I don't have the facilities s for zoom, and don't do social media - butt I hope it goes well.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #4

Kyla said...

Ooh lovely garden and great idea about the coffee morning, off to check out your page to get some more details. Lovely idea
Kyla

Felicia said...

Cindy, I am in love with your garden and would love to take a peaceful stroll through there. Problem is, I probably wouldn't want to leave! LOL Love your virtual coffee morning idea!! So clever! Have a wonderful rest of the week and blessings, Felicia #26

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Oh your garden is looking lovely - that plant looks like a diascia to me but it's hard to see how tall it is. Mine has flowered for months. Hope your coffee morning goes well!!
Hugs LLJ 2 xxx

Shoshi said...

I'm glad you had a nice break, Cindy, despite the weather. What an absolutely gorgeous garden you have got, and I don't think your photographic skills are lacking at all! It all looks fabulous and full of interest.

Thank you for your visit, and it's nice to meet another meal planner! I have to be a bit flexible too because my hubby is a real "ad hoc" character unfortunately! At least he's playing ball because he knows it's in his interest to do so, and he's accountable to the folks at Slimming World, which seems to have more effect on his performance than Yours Truly has ever managed haha!!

I don't find the stitching requires any patience at all, because it's just so enjoyable to do. There's something about the rhythm of it, and seeing it grow, that is quite compelling. I can't do it without magnification these days, though. My new head magnifier is totally brilliant! Glad you liked the tunic. I bit the bullet this morning and ordered the one I'd seen online, and I hope to model that one too when it comes.

I am so sorry to hear about your poor old kitty. We've been through this so many times and it never gets any easier. Having had her for so long, I can quite understand how you keep listening for her... Lily and Ruby send cuddles.

Thank you for your good wishes re my hospital saga! I'm really hacked off with Exeter!

Happy WOYWW,
Shoshi x #20

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Cindy, your garden is looking lovely. I have so much that needs doing and although everything still looks nice in the garden I know that if I leave the jobs for too long the weather will change and it will be too late to do anything. Best wishes for the Macmillan Day. Wishing you a happy week and a very creative woyww, Angela x12x

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Morning Cindy, glad you managed to get a break even if the weather wasn't the best. Your garden is looking very very nice, a personal haven. Outdoor space is very precious to me for crafting. Wishing you all the best with your Macmillan morning(s) I have no clue about zoom etc etc but it's a charity we support along with BHF all year round, every little helps.
Stay safe Tracey #7 x

Lillianb said...

You garden looks lovely and just love that Mexican flower, Its always sad when things might not flower before the weather starts to fade,

Lilian B # 11

Karen said...

Terrific garden pictures ~ Blessings on your charity project ~ Love, Karen#32

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Hi Cindy, too bad about the weather while you were away - I like rain but only when I'm at home - it's so nice to get cushed up - and at least I don't feel like I have to do anything LOL! Your garden looks so lovely wit those little nooks. I like the blue chair - I paint everything blue! I love that colour especially when the paint starts peeling and it looks distressed and weathered! Thanks for your visit earlier - sorry I didn't have time to visit yesterday. Happy belated WOYWW! xx zsuzsa #21

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

ps. Hope the coffee morning went well - without any technical difficulties...

Caro said...

I love your garden - so pretty. Happy belated WOYWW. Take care and stay safe. With love & God Bless, Caro xxx (#14)

Ellie said...

That's a shame about your trip away and the weather being rubbish. The garden looks lovely!
Have a great week
Ellie #30

Jhonsal mona said...

That's a shame about your trip away and the weather being rubbish.

What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday #777

  Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely   Julia at Stamp...