Wednesday 16 March 2022

What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday #667

 Morning Deskers, another week, another Wednesday, and another nose around people's desks to see what's what.



Here is my desk late Tuesday, a friend was visiting to make cards and she needed to make a birthday card for a male friend who she described as 'awkward' - ie, booze, cars, travel, dogs, fishing, sailing, golf or football wouldn't be appropriate. She does like a themed card.  I suggested we just did something a little arty with happy birthday on and after a quick pinterest trawl (my bad) we agreed on a look and settled on this design.  She was over the moon with it. I kinda liked it too, so I made a couple for my stash as well. Very quick, all scraps and very old stuff so I was OTM as well.

The desk this morning is, as I see Mary Anne has already described hers, clean but boring. But it's how I need it to be today. I tidied up last night as I have 3 commissions to get done for next week. They are all pretty different, not sure whether to start with the easiest one or the one that is needed first!!  I don't feel very inspired by any of them but maybe once I start pulling out bits I'll get in the groove. 

A quick photo of the Christmas cards I was batch making last week, managed to do a few of these.

I love this fairly clean style - unfortunately I always seem to get black ink somewhere!! 

Santa was not in the original design!!

With the rising cost of post I also like that they are flat!!

I went to Ally Pally on Sunday. Nothing like the old show but still made a pleasant day out and had a quick meet up with a friend. Really didn't buy much (my bank balance is very thankful) but fell in love with this rabbit stencil. I don't even particularly like rabbits (well I don't dislike them) but the samples kept calling me. Well, it'll be a while before I get around to using it. Knowing me I'll have completely forgotten why I wanted it by then!!   

 So, why am I showing you my desk? Well it's our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely Julia at Stamping Ground - pop on over and join in, see what it's all about and join in yourself. 

Have a great week, stay well, stay safe, 

love n hugs Cindy xx

13 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

That card is a win win, fits the brief and uses up stash! I love the C cards too, really is my sorta thing, blu background with black details, gorgeous! You were very restrained at the show but that rabbit (looks more like a hare to me) stencil is very sweet.
Hugs LLJ 6 xxx

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh Cindy, that’s me at a show, completely taken in by the samples and finding myself loving a thing or theme that I wouldn’t normally even think about! Having said that, I love the rabbit stencil too, it’s really sweet and the flowers are just divine aren’t they. Well done on the j themed card, it looks really good, but I don’t know OTM…on the money?! Reminds me that I made a bunch of cards with the bits I didn’t throw away last week, I should have showed those, just to prove that I still do actually craft! I’m conducting Mum’s service….it’s a control freak thing. I don’t care if I’m bad, but if a stranger is bad at it, I’ll never forgive myself!!

glitterandglue said...

Morning Cindy. Those cards are great - a lovely happy birthday greeting. The Christmas cards are good, too. Love that sort of design, clean and simple. I'm sure - nay, I KNOW, you are not the only one to get black ink somewhere you really didn't expect it... been there, done that, and got the black ink stained tee shirt!
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #11

Crafting With Jack said...

Your cards are fabulous, both sets. Do you paint with the ink or use a pen? Love that stencil. Happy WOYWW and have a great week. Angela #13

Helen said...

It was sad to see ally pally so reduced but the last one I went to pre covid wasn't brilliant either ! Great birthday card . Happy woyww Helen #2

Neet said...

That is so me. Buy something and then forget what I bought it for - weeks/months later. Not to worry, maybe one day I will remember.
Lovely card that you and your friend decided on in the end and I do like the teacup at the top of your blogpost. Very pretty.
Hugs, Neet 5 xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

The male card made me smile as I am not good at them and fed up of seeing card, golf, football etc so I made a Masterboard the other day and turned it into masculine cards as I needed one and kept putting it off but now I have enough to make more so can't be bad. I love seeing your card design because they are so different from the type I make and I've still got the one you sent me at Christmas. love it. Have a lovely creative woyww. Hugs, Angela x15x

Sarah Brennan said...

I adore that masculine card Cindy - perfect colour palette and great use of scraps/die cuts. Great save with Santa too. Cool stencil. My sister loves rabbits so that would be a good one to me to use for her birthday card. Stay safe, and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

Mary Anne said...

That card is really really fab - for a guy or a gal, no matter. But yes, men's cards do get tiresome when they are all footballs and tools so this one really sings! One day I might attend a fair but not yet. Helen (H) mentioned the show being a shadow of it's former self, and I bet all of them will be for a bit longer. Sad, but at least you got a new rabbit stencil so not all bad... :D
Happy late-in-the-day WOYWW
Mary Anne (1)

Diana Taylor said...

The masculine cards are fabulous - I love them and will be having to think of a card for the Hubs very soon, so you've nudged my inspiration. I also love the Christmas cards (can I use the Christmas word this early!) but I'm terrible at smudging - the Santa was a genius move! I think I would have been tempted by the Rabbit (or is it a Hare?) stencil too - it's so sweet. Hope you have a great week,
Diana xx #16

Tracy said...

Hellooo Cindy, your cards turned out a treat (love your pretty mug), perfect in every way for a man 💕 In loooove with your Christmas cards, the black really makes them pop 🥰 Goood luck with your commisions ❤🌈 and I adore your stencil ... look forward to seeing you bring it to be when you have time. Wishing you the best of days ahead in all you do. Love and hugs Tracy #17 xxx

Susan Renshaw said...

Super Birthday card and lovely Christmas ones! Lucky you to go to Ally Pally even if it was not like it used to be. Can be a very expensive day out - I think I would have succumbed to the rabbit stencil...
It is Thursday morning here in Melbourne and I have just discovered my link isn't on Stamping Ground so here I am at #22!
Happy WOYWW!
Stay safe and keep well!
Susan
Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!

Marit said...

I love those cards ánd I love the rabbit stencil, although I'm not particularly love rabbits either... but his ears have almost the same shape as the flower petals and that's so sweet! Thanks for stopping by my desk yesterday, have a good week dear! Love & peace from the Netherlands! Marit #4

What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday #777

  Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely   Julia at Stamp...