Wednesday 9 March 2022

What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday #666

Me again. Sorry for the absence, just life. 

Here's the desk.



I am all set to do some batch cardmaking today along the lines of something I saw on pinterest, hence lavinia stamps and oxides are out. Christmas of course as I'm still ploughing through my stash though this will hopefully be a 'creative' one. The black basket at the back was previously full of half made cards etc (see last post!) - as you can see I have made quite a dent!! Have had to keep stopping for commissions - the latest was a wedding card for my decorator to give to his wife on their wedding day. Can't really post it yet just in case, however unlikely she is to see it but it did involve using these guys. So a tick against the NBU box. 


Decorating the hall is all finished, have also spruced up the porch and now want to make plans for the living room before my attention switches to the garden. It's looking hopeful, but I'm still resisting going out in the cold. 

Also managed to have the first meeting of my 'crop' a couple of weeks ago. It went really well - there was a lot of pent up chatting to get through!! We made this card. We had 8 in total and I am expecting a bigger turnout this month. We ended up meeting in the pub - a rather strange venue but seemed to work and nearly everyone stayed for lunch!!

Writing this it strikes me that it is all a bit trite given the current global situation. However I'm tired of holding my breath waiting for the world to get back to normal. 
I need these small wins and plans in order to get up in the morning. I wish things were better everywhere but all I can do is hope things will improve as without that, well we might as well all stay in bed. Some people of course don't even have that luxury.


Happy WOYWW, Stay well, stay safe,
love n hugs
Cindy x

10 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

How marvellous that you managed to neet up for a crop, I think a pub is a great venue, win win for everybody! Those pandas are very cute, bet you’ll use them loads now you’ve rediscovered them! We’ll deon for piling on with the Christmas stuff too, you’ll be so smug come October when it’s all done and ready, lol!
Hugs LLJ 4 xxx

Caro said...

I am so impressed with you starting Christmas stuff already - I don't usually start until October! Love the pandas - they are adorable and how wonderful you were able to meet for a crop. I can just imagine all the happy chatting. Happy WOYWW. Take care and stay safe. With love & God Bless, Caro xxx (#17)

Helen said...

Well done on getting a crop sorted - glad it went well. the pandas do look so cute! hope you get out to work in the garden soon - I've had enough of cold and it hasn't even been a bad winter! take care and stay safe.. Helen #1

Diana Taylor said...

How great to get together for a crop - a little bit of normality is returning. The card is lovely and I am impressed that you are thinking Christmas already - I just know I'll be rushing to make cards mid December!
Hope you have adgood week,
Diana xx #14

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I know I'm late but want to try and get round before bed. Pleased to hear you've managing a get together. Hope you had fun with the card making. Wishing you a very happy woyww and sending hugs, Angela x15x

Tracy said...

Helloooo Cindy, thank you so much for the visit πŸ€—πŸ’• adore the wee pandas,look forward tooo seeing the card πŸ₯°So glad you're meet up went so well, beautiful card loving the flowers 🌸🌼🏡 Be safe,be well. Sending love and hugs across the miles Tracy #21 xxx

Crafting With Jack said...

Those pandas are very cute and your card is lovely. How lovely to have a crafty get together. Have a great week. Angela #5

Sharon Madson said...

One of our local craft stores is in the older part of downtown and is connected to a bar. The wife has the crafts and the husband has the bar. Once, we had our crafting session right in the bar! LOL And lots of times, the bar catered our lunches while we were in a crafting class. Happy WOYWW! #23

Julia Dunnit said...

8 for a re-start on the crop is brilliant, and more to come. Blimey, and you got stuff made! makes lunch at the pub almost the law really. Great arrangement. Super impressed by the nearly empty black basket. Am so with you on the apparent trite mess of our posts etc, but am told by a friend that it’s important that we let the routine and our ‘normal’ go on, because, exactly as you say, we wouldn’t be able to get out of bed without them. I’m putting off garden chores, everything is so damn wet.

Mary Anne said...

What's not to love about a crop in a pub? My knitting group used to knit in a pub and it was always the best! The pandas are so cute. And yeah, routine is often the support I need to get anything done. Structure helps keep me sane some days LOL! But doesn't always work... I am criminally late for WOYWW this week :(
Mary Anne (2)

What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday #777

  Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely   Julia at Stamp...