Wednesday 30 November 2022

What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday? #704

Welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely Julia at Stamping Ground - pop on over and join in, see what it's all about and join in yourself.

Morning deskers, how these weeks are flying!! Had a kind of bitty week with no big crafting sessions so here's my desk showing what I've been up to. Yes, I am still making Christmas cards.



I find that my husband (and indeed all of the males in my life who I send a Christmas card to) don't really give a diddly about any of it. So I decided to dash off a few very simple cards with these snarky Christmas cats and sentiments which definitely make me snigger. I think they should go down better than a santa or a snowflake. They've been easy to do in just a few spare minutes here and there and I've largely just used items I can reach without rummaging, some of my millions of gelli prints and things that have been languishing on my creative periphery for a while. I do need to get on and finish though so that is my plan for today. I was very organised with my overseas addressing and they are all well on their way but I haven't done so well with the UK ones but hope to make a start with just a few today. 

It's my birthday week this week so I started  off with a trip into town yesterday for lunch and a mooch round the V&A with an old friend. Today is WOYWW of course and popping out for a change of nail colour, tomorrow I am out for afternoon tea with a French twist, and on Friday I have planned a massage, coffee (or possibly prosecco) with a friend and then out for a nice steak meal in the evening with the immediate family. Saturday I think I will pop into the christmas fair at my local church and later a meal out with friends we haven't seen in an age. Sunday into town again to see a 'Heathers' matinee with my sisters, DD and DIL then home for a few drinks and a chinese takeaway. The observant among you will notice that the plans allow for very little need to cook for the next few days. Of course after that the Christmas festivities will start to kick in and December is shaping up to be quite a social month. Will  really have to get back on track with the walking or I will be the size of a house by January.

Saw a physio yesterday who decided I did not have a frozen shoulder but a subscapularis (?) injury which is a relief as hopefully with a bit of work I can resolve that relatively quickly. Apparently a frozen shoulder is much more painful so I wouldn't wish that on any one!! 

Whatever you are up to this week have a good one - See you in December!!

Stay well, love n hugs Cindy xx



15 comments:

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I absolutely understand what you mean about making quick cards I think we know who appreciates the hard worked ones and who doesn't but I bet they would soon complain if they don't get one Hee! Hee! Hope the shoulder improves now. Happy birthday too and have a fun woyww whatever you are up to, hugs Angela x10x

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Your men will enjoy those snarky cards more than anything, lol!! I must get writing mine as the strikes are going to cause a few issues this Christmas. What social whirl your life is going to be over the next few weeks - good! Life is too blinking short, enjoy each moment!!
Hugs LLJ 5 xx

Tracy said...

Hellooo Cindy 🤗 here's to your shoulder easing, feeling better ... that was good news! Tooo yoyr gorgeous array of Christmas cards 🎄 whoot whoot,looking fabulous they are🤩 Happpppy Birthday wishes ⭐️🥳winging your way 🎈Cindy, sounds like yooou are going to have a fantabulous time 🤸‍♀️😍🥰🥳🎈🤩 enjoy every second of it ⭐️ Much love and hugs Tracy #12 xxx

Neet said...

Glad the shoulder is not as bad as first thought, even though the pain is beep awful.
Well happy birthday when it comes. You certainly have a busy week ahead and it sounds as if you will need a rest after it all. Hectic but so lovely and the massage to be almost at the end is perfect.
Hugs, Neet xx 3

Annie said...

Another manically busy day for me and tomorrow will be no better. I think the word has gone out that I like to be kept busy :-)
I rather like your quick cards. I hope you have a lovelt birthday....you sound to have lots planned so enjoy every minute
Hugs,
Annie x #9

Crafting With Jack said...

You are certainly starting December off with a busy week. Wishing you a very happy Birthday. Angela #7

Sarah Brennan said...

So glad to hear that progress is being made with the shoulder Cindy. Sounds like a fabulous week of birthday treats and celebrations - and why not. Loving the snarky cats! Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #2

Helen said...

the snarky cards are great! I'm getting a bit bored with my masterboard designs now!! Glad they've decided what the problem is with the shoulder, hope they can help it now! Happy birthday and enjoy your celebrations. Helen #1

Twiglet said...

What a. Fab week you have planned. Happy Birthday!

craftyani said...

Men are more likely to read a card like that, than a cute snowman or robin on the front. Enjoy your birthday week, although sounds as if you don't need me to say that! ANi

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Happy birthday for this week! Sounds like you're getting spoilt - and deservedly so! Hope your shoulder gets better soon! And how cute are those cats! I may have a couple of those TH stamps too that came bundled with a stencil - I must look for them. Totally forgot that I have them! Happy December! xx zsuzsa #17 (from yesterday)

BJ said...

Oh my life that is some Birthday Week, I'm shattered just reading about it. Made my son's birthday card last night using the blobby circles you inspired me to get, will show next week. Hope all goes well for you this week Happy Birthday and Big Hugs BJ#18

Julia Dunnit said...

Well, that’s a positive about your shoulder, I really hope you can start to feel the benefit of treatment very soon. Your birthday week sounds wonderful, a bit of card making for five mins here and there is about all you’ll manage, being such a social butterfly! I’m with you and cards for the men, I think humour is the way to go. I’m *still* making them too, am just about starting to feel in the mood!! Happiest of birthdays to you gal. Xx

Mary Anne said...

Happy Belated, and lovely to hear you had such a full fun week. We all deserve to be pampered on our special day! I agree on the cards for dudes, and I love those cats. I keep seeing them about and now I have a cat in the house I am tempted. Oh but WOYWW is a slippery slope...
Ridiculously late for WOYWW but here I am…
Mary Anne (6)

BJ said...

Hi Cindy, been meaning to ask, did you send me a Christmas card perchance? I received a lovely handmade one but it didn't have ANY writing in it and not even a post mark but it definitely has a Cindy Vibe. Tall card, Opens from the bottom, Peace/Love/Joy diecut and heat embossed gold angel??? Kat got one from you too so it must be you, you are such a sweetie. Happy Christmas Hugs BJ xxx

What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday? #771

  Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely   Julia at Stamp...