Wednesday 3 January 2024

What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday #761

 Well, Happy New Year to you all!!

Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely Julia at Stamping Ground - pop on over and join in, see what it's all about and join in yourself.

Sorry I missed the 'Twixtmas' edition, I didn't even realise it was Wednesday till lunchtime. A quiet but fun time was had in the Ashplant household but I have to admit I'm ready for the New Year.

Well, not ready as in prepared but as in, need a change!!

Day 3 of the New Year and I don't have any resolutions for you. However I read something the other day about list making - you know who you are - and the fact that whilst it is satisfying to cross things off those to do lists there is always the nagging regret about the  things that don't get done. So I am introducing you to  the concept of the Ta-da!! list. This is where you  write down and celebrate the things you did do!! A subtle change of viewpoint but possibly an important one. (I'm still going to have to jot some things down somewhere - I have a terrible memory!! - but they won't necessarily have a schedule). Feeling energised already. ๐Ÿ˜


Here is my  desk this week, I am in full Christmas mode still as this is when I make all my cards so as not to have that hanging over me at the end of the year. I have used a NBU background stamp which while not overtly Christmassy makes me think of Christmas!! Quite a few designs and these are largely quite flat because I will pick my overseas cards from these. 

Just because I can,  few photos of the star of the show this Christmas.




Have a great week, Love n hugs, 

Cindy xx



13 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

Loving that Christmas card background Cindy. Love the idea of a ta da list. A quick visit this week due to new windows being installed (and of course it has started raining). Stay safe and Happy WOWYW. Sarah #14

Mary Anne said...

LOL! OMG I am totally with you on the TA DA list. So much more affirming to celebrate accomplishments rather than dwell on the failures, especially when they are the SAME DAMN resolutions year after year (lose weight, de-clutter, be positive... DOH!)
Happy 2024 WOYWW!
Mary Anne (6)

Mary Anne said...

Oops - I forgot to mention the STAR OF THE SHOW! What a star indeed.
Happy 2024 WOYWW!
Mary Anne (6)

Neet said...

How wonderful to have Lionel around at Christmas, what a little ray of sunshine he is, truly the star of your Christmas.
Well, you have beaten me to it. I was hoping to make some kind of start to next year with Christmas card making but my thumb got in the way, or lack of it working properly (painlessly). Maybe I should take advantage and tidy the craft room and then begin crafting the cards.
Hugs and all the very best for 2024 for you and yours, Neet xxx

Twiglet said...

Oh I love your little Christmas star- what a
poppet. I have just spent an hour clearing junk from my craft room. Maybe an hour a day and I could be straight by 2025! Happy New Year. x Jo

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Love the pics of Lionel, he really is a proper little Christmas star!! I think your idea of a Ta Da List is awesome because it’s all too easy to forget what you’ve done, sometimes I dip into a random archive post of mine and am always amazed at the amount of makes I’ve forgotten about!

Happy 2024 and WOYWW!
Hugs LLJ 7 xx

BJ said...

Oh my heart melts, he is so adorable.....sigh. Love the angel card, is it s specific die of made up from others I wonder. I'm ready for it all to get back to "normal". The bins were collected today, a day later than usual, so I am still off kilter. Hugs BJ#12

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Your cards look so very lovely.

Blessings of 2024 to you. ๐Ÿ’•

Helen said...

What a cutie! definitely the star of the show! Well done on starting your cards already - I never seem to want to make more at the end of Christmas, but perhaps that is due to the rush in getting the current year's batch done! hmm..... let me think on it.
Wishing you a happy new year and woyww. Helen #3

Crafting With Jack said...

Loving the idea of a Ta Da list it’s no good beating yourself up 0ver failures, celebrate successes! Happy New Year Angela #18

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi, Cindy. I'm back. You're so right about making Christmas cards right now. I still have some of my Christmas stash out and would be doing the same but stuff has kept cropping up recently but I do intend making a few more when I get the chance. Wishing you a happy woyww New Year. Hugs Angela x11x

Chana Malkah said...

Your cards are very pretty! I love list-making!

Looking forward to visiting your desk during 2024!

Hugz,
Chana Malkah, WOYWW #2

Julia Dunnit said...

OOh Cindy, I know what you mean, the New Year is attractive from the change point of view, and I love the TaDa list idea, what a great thing...the guilt wouldn't be there for the procrastinated bits! Your Christmas card making is admirable, and I love the NBU background, it looks great in every colour, now that's a result. Just to look forward a bit...are you interested in a house share for the crop weekend in May?

What'sOn Your Workdesk? Wednesday #779

  Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely   Julia at Stamp...