Wednesday 10 January 2024

What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday #762

 Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely Julia at Stamping Ground - pop on over and join in, see what it's all about and join in yourself.

Well, if every week of this year is gonna that fast, it'll be 2025 before we know it. 

So, here's the desk yesterday evening, sorry about the bad lighting.

And yes. it's still Christmas.


No these are not finished cards. I have a huge amount of little 'bits' that I have had for more years than I care to remember and frankly I can't see the wood for the Christmas trees. So I am making clusters, essentially throwing some shapes, little embellies, tags, words etc together and sticking it on a card. It's all scraps. The trick is not to think about it too much.

Here's some that are finished that I did at the weekend.


I 'taught'  a class last Friday and we made fractured or faux shutter cards. My ladies loved it and they've all gone home and made more, which to me is the sign of a successful class. Here are some of my samples.


Very simple and a good way to do something with some of those papers you don't know what to do with. 

Keeping it short(ish) this week and hoping not to get distracted so I can get round to everyone and finish those clusters today.

Have a great week, Cindyxx

13 comments:

Lynnecrafts said...

Your card clusters are looking good and your faux shutter cards are pretty.
Glad your ladies enjoyed them.
Stay warm and happy WOYWW
Hugs Lynnecrafts 7 xx

Christine said...

Love the clusters, what a great idea. I love the end result of those fractured/shutter cards. They look so complicated.
Have a good week
Christine #14

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Wow, those Christmas cards are great - a good way of using up stash quickly. Don’t you find that projects often come together better if you don’t think too much about it? How satisfying that the ladies form the class got so much out of it, you’re obviously a good teacher!
Hugs LLJ 5 xxx

Annie said...

Well done you with all the card making today.
Hugs,
Annie x #9

Crafting With Jack said...

Great idea with the Christmas clusters. One of my problems - too much thinking! Great cards from your class too and very satisfying that the ladies are making more. Happy WOYWW. Angela #12

Neet said...

Am envious of you and where you are this afternoon. Little kiss from me for you know who.
Love the idea of the cards you are preparing in readiness for next year. I loved the one I got this year, you have a knack for those types of cards.
Glad your ladies enjoyed the fractured cards, I have some in my 'birthday box' for unexpected cards to send out.
Hugs, Neet 4 xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Cindy, it's always a good idea to make more Christmas cards while the mood is still there and I would have done normally but this year I've moved on a bit. Wishing you a very happy WOYWW. Hugs, Angela x11x

Chana Malkah said...

Hi, Cindy!

Your cards are very nicely done! I suppose it is a good idea to get a head start!

Good luck!

Hugz,
Chana Malkah, WOYWW #19

Sarah Brennan said...

Love the faux shutter cards too Cindy. Quick visit after work! Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #2

Helen said...

Loving your cards! seem very productive to me. Am late as I didn't get to stop at lunchtime today... glad you'll get to see the orchids! Happy WOYWW Helen #1

Julia Dunnit said...

Well I'm utterly distracted by your collage Christmas cards, skill and genius methinks...great to use up the bits and *cough* ephemera. They are all wonderful! Well done with the class too, I'm with you, if they make more, you've done a great job! Like them very much, never known them as faux shutter cards before. I need one of your classes.

Kyla said...

fantastic, still not started mine, plan on that this week! As you know its SO much easier to at least break the back of them in January and yours are looking brilliant.
Thanks for visiting my desk already
kyla

Kelly said...

Squeaking in last minute.
Love those clusters!!! Especially that snowy one in the front. Fits our weather here perfectly.
Creative Blessings! Kelly #18

What'sOn Your Workdesk? Wednesday #779

  Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely   Julia at Stamp...