Wednesday 1 May 2024

What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday #778

 Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely Julia at Stamping Ground - pop on over and join in, see what it's all about and join in yourself.

May already and the countdown to the Crop begins!! Here is my desk. 

This is the mess from unpacking after Tuesday Craft Club. I got this far before I had to go out to meet friends. I managed to sew beads onto the sequins on my little stencilled bag (don't recommend it) and the other with the fairy silhouette has been rescued - the stamped 'dream' decided to bleed all over the place. A judicious amount of bleach and a sharpie sorted  that out but I did think I had ruined it. Not much else to report on the post retreat projects but time has been lacking this week.  I did have a play with this torn paper idea I saw on you tube but I'm not in love with it. Let that one stew and re-visit it in a bit I think. 


So a quiet day with some desk hopping and a quick tidy up in store for me today. I have to prep for my class on Friday (samples made but need to pack my bag) and rest up for a day of fun with this one tomorrow.



Have a  great Wednesday! 

Love and hugs, Cindy xx

10 comments:

Mary Anne said...

I guess I get why the torn paper thing is not floating your boat. It seems like the roll would get crushed if you tried to mail it, so really only good for hand delivered cards. It's kinda cute, but I think I agree with you. But nothing "on the fence" about your little splodge(your name, not mine LOL!) Adorbs!

Save an ATC for me....

Happy WOYWW!
Mary Anne (5)

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

What a Cutie ! Your desk looks busy and I like that paper with the leafy looks. Happy May Day Wishing you Sunshine and Flowers.

Helen said...

Your artwork is much too neat for torn paper!! Enjoy your day with the littlee. Must make plans fir travelling to Stoke! Helen #3

Neet said...

Envy abounds for your day of fun with Lionel. What a cute photo you have treated us to today. Have a great time and give him a hug from me.
Your desk looks good, not a mess really and I assume it will be cleared and all put away in no time. I've not even got around to the 'thinking' stage yet for the ATC's. Must get my tomorrow's journal page done - marrying Dylusion images with a Tim Holtz snarky comment and a poem??!! Help!
Hugs, Neet 2 xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I've seen that torn paper idea before but still not sure about it but your cards look good. Looks like you are going to have a play day tomorrow, enjoy. Wishing you a very happy woyww, Angela x12x

Sarah Brennan said...

Like the cards Cindy but would probably have just used a strip of the torn paper across the card rather than rolling one end. Flatter when posting. Lionel gets cuter every week! Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #1

Lisa-Jane Johnson said...

Great rescue on the bag - you can't see anything was ever wrong! I love the look of the rolled paper but I find it squashes so easily on my scrapbook pages. Have a great week, Lisa-Jane #7

Helen said...

Hi, yes speak some time at the weekend, I have to be back at work on the Wednesday now (was originally taking that day off) and yes,we were travelling back on Tuesday.

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

thanks for the visit and what a cutie! The bag on your desk looks so pretty and great cards too Cindy! I think the rips without the rolls would be perfect Happy woyww Michelle x #19

Crafting With Jack said...

Have a lovely day with you grandchild. Arrived at our first site of the year yesterday. Beautiful views. The wind started in the evening, kept going all night, then about 7 am two of the bands holding the awning down snapped and as my husband was trying to do something, the awning flipped over the caravan! Disaster, ripped awning, broken poles! What a start to the holiday! Angela #15

What'sOn Your Workdesk? Wednesday #780 - 15 years!!

 A big achievement - as I'm late posting I have already read Julia's news, end of an era certainly but I am in awe that she has  com...