Wednesday 18 September 2024

What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday # 798

 Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop WOYWW which is now being hosted at Sarah Brennan's blog. Here's the link for that lovely lady - Sarah's Craft Shed - pop on over and join in, see what it's all about and join in yourself.

Gosh, nearly forgot it was Wednesday again. 

We are deep in the throes of renovating downstairs to create an open plan kitchen/diner/lounge. It will suit us better going forward and when (eventually) it is just Kevin and I here. (He won't be able to hide in the living room while I am cooking). Also much better for get togethers now that the family is getting bigger both in numbers and physical size!! 

It's gonna be about 6 weeks in total in stages - I'm already frazzled. 


In between I have been retreating to the craft room but I am mainly occupied sorting the kitchen cupboards. This is my desk.

Don't ask. It is for a steam punk themed swap. I put it aside for a while, now I don't know where I was going with it. 

Anyhoo that's it for me. Off for a nosey.

Love n hugs


Cindy xx

11 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

The room is going to be amazing when finished but I share your pain during the process - it’s the dust isn’t it? Constant blooming dust. Sigh. Crafting sounds a good way to escape for sure and if you can’t remember your first intention with the steampunk whatsit then just wing it from now on!!
Hugs LLJ 5 xx

Mary Anne said...

Oh I do waffle on about doing the same - I would love our kitchen and diner to be knocked thru into on, but worry losing a wall will mean loosing storage. We have two useless fireplaces, decorative only, so it makes sense. LOL! at the steampunk where-is-it-going. I do that all the time too :D
Another week of a quick scoot round before knitting WOYWW!
Mary Anne (4)

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Cindy, the room change is going to be so good when it's finished. So many times I put projects on one side and then can't remember what the plan was so you're not the only one but please let us see it when completed. Take care and have a lovely woyww, Angela x6x

Helen said...

I have put off new kitchen and bathroom as I can't face the upheaval but it needs doing... good luck! I'm sure it will be worth it Helen #2

Crafting With Jack said...

Six weeks doesn’t seem too long and it will be lovely when it’s all done. Happy WOYWW. Angela #14

Diana Taylor said...

It's always ghastly having workmen in and the house in turmoil but it's so worth it at the end - I would like a dining room that's closer to the kitchen but I think it would be easier to move house altogether! Hope you get back into the swing of things with your steampunk swap, it's looking interesting so far.
Have a good week
Hugs, Diana xx #13

Lynnecrafts said...

Your open plan downstairs looks as if it will be stunning, even though diy is a pain on the way.
Take care and happy WOYWW
hugs
Lynnecrafts 9 xx

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

It will be fantastic when it's all done, anything in the house is always an upheaval but it will be worth it. I have lots of work in progress projects lol and I love steampunk! I thought I might have been a steampunk hot air balloon at first, when I saw the basket. - happy WOYWW - Michelle #15 x

Rajani Rehana said...

Great blog

Rajani Rehana said...

Great blog

Lisa-Jane said...

LOL! Sounds like me when I swatch to and fro from my crafts and wonder why on earth I put that bit there! Sending you lots of strength and patience to get through the renovations - I can't bear it myself and we've still got a long way to go! Have a sunny week, Lisa-Jane #10

What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday # 798

  Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop WOYWW which  is now being hosted at Sarah Brennan's blog. Here's the lin...