Monday 3 November 2008

MAMMA CHALLENGE - Rememberance


On tha ball again, but really only because I have been sitting here today feeling mighty sorry for myself as OH has managed to padd on his man flu (he is such a generous sort) and its a humdinger.

At this time of year poppies and what they represent are very much on our minds so it seemed an obvious choice. I love this poppy stamp but I wanted another image behind it - I remembered this small face stamp and tried it with a mask so that just a small part of the original stamp shows. I think it is quite effective, and although I toyed with the idea of adding some extra stamping I decided to leave it very simple. The colour was added with watercolour pencils and the whole thing has been utee'd - I fully expect this to crack up and make the whole thing look more antiqued.

5 comments:

WendyK said...

It's lovely Cindy, very effective. I just love Poppies.

Trudy said...

love this

Mooneybeams said...

This is lovely - I've never gotten the hang of masking but the two stamps you've used work perfectly together

Heather Robinson said...

I find this piece very moving. One can't help but have a strong connection to poppies and what they mean at this time of the year. Gorgeous piece.

Catharina Maria said...

Love this one very much !!
Rini the Netherlands

What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday # 776

  Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely   Julia at Stamp...