Sunday 23 October 2011

A woman's right to ........SHOES!!!!

In the midst of this week's card making frenzy in anticipation of my Macmillan Coffee Morning tomorrow, my mojo suddenly rebelled and commanded me to have a go at making paper shoes (One never ever questions one's mojo, or it might just get up and go).

I had seen a tutorial after followed a link from my blogging buddy Astrid's site to the StampARTic blog. OMG what a gorgeous place, full of yummy projects including the Elegant Shoe Tutorial which is what I used as a base for my little creations.




Anyway, enough of my waffling, here are the pics. This is the first one I made, and I decided it would go to Astrid for her birthday. (Her photos of this are way better than mine the way - I just can't do photography. Hers are also all the right way up. I really must try and discover what it is I am doing that makes everything upload to blogger the wrong way round).





For this one I got all daring and altered the back and made a high heel. These photos are rubbish, it is so much prettier in real life. (PLEASE NOTE - although rubbish, these pictures are up the right way ?!?!??!)

Finally I tried out a flat shoe without a heel.



In case it isn't obvious, I made matching tags for all the shoes with a sort of shoe related saying on the back. The idea is to add little goodies such as ribbons, or maybe a little bag of charms, or a lavender sachet, a little pack of bath salts, even a gift card ....... whatever. They are kind of an extra special gift box. Or just something pretty to look at I guess. I had such fun making these and they really are not difficult, its just papercrafting so do have a go. Not sure where these last two will end up yet, but now I know what I'm doing I will probably have a shoe as one of the giveaways sometime next year.  Once again, sorry about the rubbish photos but I really don't have time to do them again, I need to shake a hoover round the house before tomorrow and bake a cake or two!!
One final link for you to look at because I was absolutely blown away by this (well I'm pretty much in awe of everything this lady does). Pop on over to see Laura at Artfully Musing, but in particular to see this glorious and very topical Witches Shoe. Awesome!! Happy Sunday all.



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good afternoon Cindy, these are gorgeous, they have a lovely vintage feel fit for a fairy princess. Laura

Jan said...

ABSOLOUTELY FABULOUS Cindy!!!! Love, love, love them!

Martina said...

A magnificent work of art, dear Cindy! Unique and beautiful!

Netty said...

Oh wow, these shoes are spectacular. x

Kay Griffin said...

WOW! Gorgeous shoes, fantastic! :) x

Allthingsinky said...

Hi Cindy
These are gorgeous shoes Love your style and i love the the tags ,
Stunning...

Deborah said...

Wow, Cindy! Your shoes are truly stunning.

maska said...

Gorgeous shoes.

What's n Your Work Desk? Wednesday # 773

  Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely   Julia at Stamp...