Thursday 5 April 2012

April Art Draw - steampunk pocket watch

Here at last, a bit later than planned. This month's offering is this Wendy Vecchi Art Parts pocket watch. As usual the photography probably doesn't do it justice.

Had great fun grunging this up with paints and powders. The large cogs are chipboard pieces from eco green while the smaller pieces embedded in crackle glaze are old watch parts. Had great fun texturing the cogs (no I don't have a texturising tool just a hammer - noisy but fun). Used Clearly for Art to make the flowers following a Wendy Vecchi tutorial (I should emphasise hers don't look like this - I must have lost my way somewhere - but they are still kinda neat). It has a little chain so it can be hung or you could just leave it in the box.

So the April Art Draw will remain open until 9.00 pm on Saturday 28th April. All you  need to do is leave a comment on this post and I will include you in the draw (well I don't actually draw it so much as feed the numbers in to Mr Random Generator!).

International players are most welcome and I'd love it if you have the time (and ability) to link from your own blogs. In fact, although I hate sounding like I'm making people jump through hoops, if you do I will put you in  the 'draw' twice, so more chances to win.

Thanks for stopping by and I'll try to return the favour - I am getting better, honest!!

Happy Easter everyone!

Cindyxx

15 comments:

Jan said...

Great effects Cindy! I love these Art Parts. Haven't used the Clearly for Art yet but it looks interesting. Happy Easter. Jan xx

Maureen said...

Love it Cindy, made just for me!!!
will look forward to more SP from you - have a good Easter xx

Meggymay said...

Wow, its a fabulous alteration, I'll join the queue with the others.
Have a good Easter.
Yvonne x

Deborah said...

Your obviously doing better with the bloomin' stuff (clearly for art film) than I have! Have a fab Easter.

BJ said...

Gorgeous pocket watch, glad I popped by from the Timmy Tags page now. BJ

Dannii said...

Popped it on my sidebar with a link back to here.

Really find this inspirational and would be a great little item.

It is just fabulous! Well done.

Carol said...

Hi Cindy, just popped over from Dc and am having a good time looking at your blog, Haven't updated mine for a few weeks !!!1 Love this altered piece and thanks for offering it as candy....fingers crossed!!!! Love the clearly for art film, I made some stamped perfume bottles with it, they're on my blog on a canvas that was SimonSays bottle it. Hope you get time to see . Thanks again.. Loving your work, youare a talented lady and there is so much inspiration to be found in your creations.
Carol Tadden

crafting-tadpole.blogspot.com

Trudy said...

loveing this...are you going to A/P?

JayBe said...

Hi Cindy, remember me from DC - long time no speak. Loving your blog and the timepiece looks fantastic - very inspirational. Jan x

Artfully Musing said...

What a fab piece! I would love to be in your drawing, Laura

steampunk said...

Thanks cindy for sharing the fabulous piece with us.it looks amzing with steampunk look.

Fuchsia said...

Thanks for inviting me Cindy its an awesome piece of work x

Becky said...

Such a fab watch! Love it! Came back from Ally Pally at the weekend with some goodies, and this is the perfect inspiration to get me started! Thanks Bx

SusanLotus said...

Awesome piece of ART! :)
I will link from my page with a gadget.
Have a great creative week!
Hugs
Sussie

Renee Stien said...

Hi Cindy,
You were on my mind today so thought I'd pop by and say hello. I hope you are well. I'm sure you're busy with yard work now - enjoy! <3

What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday? #771

  Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely   Julia at Stamp...