Sunday 14 October 2012

Tim's Tags again - playing catch up!!

Right here are my catch up tags for July and August (don't know what happenned to those two months!!)

First, July - Tim's tag is here. The main technique for this was alcohol splatter ink background (nice technical term don't you think?) I know Tim likes us to be resourceful but I'm not sure he expected us to substitute his neat can of compressed air for a curly straw. But needs must when the devil drives and it was the best I could find in the kitchen drawer (!).

Despite perhaps a less than efficient tool I was still able to produce some reasonable results. Here are my finished tags:

Finally got a chance to give one of my Lynn Perella stamps a work out (truly it is killing me not to play but I just haven't had time).

I really love the vibrancy of these backgrounds and they are great with crisp black stamping (or not so crisp - I double stamped one as the first impression was a little wishy washy but I think it adds a certain something - OK, I think I got away with it!!).

Typically the little test piece I had done that I  then just stamped and made into an ATC came out the best.

And now on to August - Tim's vintage style ATC is here. The techniques on this ATC were to heat emboss a frame and then using an embossing folder to dry emboss the tag leaving the centre blank. I used an Anna Griffin frame and (as I don't have the folder Tim used) embossed the tag very carefully by just putting it through the cuttlebug so that only part of the tag was embossed (Hope that makes sense!). Came out quite well. I don't have a silhouette stamp but had these paper cameos. Tim used his pine cone die (I am tempted....) to make his roses but I used the Spellbinders bitty blossoms spiral die. I think they make great roses though I did follow Tim's pinching and folding technique which I think helps make the kraft paper a bit more pliable. The rest is just inking and spritzing. All in all quite pleased with all these tags, which just shows if you concentrate on the technique things come out a bit better.


But why (you may ask) do I make two of each? Well I did say I would do this so that at the end of the year I can have a whole set for either my December or January giveaway, keeping one for myself of course!! So far I'm only a little bit off track, and they should all be done by the end of the year. But if you can't wait till  then, just a reminder that the current giveaway is still running. Click here to have a look.

Oh well, that was my little escape from making bits for MacMillan so now I'm back making cards.

I also had another little craft break at the WOYWW Crop yesterday - what fun, hopefully I'll put a few piccies up tomorrow! Ate too much, talked too  much..... oh well what's new? Must dash, have to prep for an interview tomorrow, I've been putting it off all day and now it's dinner time - oops!!


 

9 comments:

Deborah said...

i think both sets of tags are fab. Shame you don't get a lot of time to play but at least you are making great stuff when you do.

maska said...

Nydelige TAGS og ATC.

Netty said...

Terrific tags Cindy, hope you get more playtime soon. xx

May said...

Fabulous selection of Tags Cindy.... I just seen some pics of yesterday's crop... Hope you had a super time... looked like a lot of fun was had by all... Hugs May x x x

Kyla said...

Lovely to meet you yesterday, and thanks for buying a brooch (glad you liked it). It was a fabulous day, lots of chatting, cake, crafting.....oh, and more cake!
Kyla

Sian said...

Those are lovely, especially the bottom ones!

Allthingsinky said...

Both set of tags are gorgeous, My favorite are the bottom set,Love the stamps you used...

Shoshi said...

Gorgeous tags, Cindy - love the spatter background on the first, and simply adore the cameo ones! I think it's very important not to get hooked into having to get all the stuff people say we should have - it's amazing what we can come up with when we have to draw on the resources we've got. Anyway, personally I wouldn't want my stuff to look exactly like someone else's!! I love the idea of using these challenges as a starting point for expanding one's own creativity, but nothing more.

If you cut a spiral with a wavy line from brown card and roll it up around a cocktail stick (as per Tim's pine cone tutorial) you can make really good pine cones - you don't need the die, and you can cut them whatever size you like. I've made them very successfully without buying the die.

Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog, and so glad you like my new little book! I am so thrilled with it, and really enjoyed doing the first page. I am so intrigued with its unknown origins and wonder who made it, and what they would think about what I'm doing with it!!

Gotta hang onto Mr. Mojo by the tail or he'll be off again lol!

Shoshi

Jester said...

Two wonderful sets of tags. I love them both.

What's n Your Work Desk? Wednesday # 773

  Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely   Julia at Stamp...