Wednesday 29 August 2018

What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday? WOYWW#482

It is Wednesday isn't it? These Bank Holidays play havoc with my timeline. Anyhow, here's my desk this week.


To explain, we are having (yet) more work done which required rummaging around and moving stuff. Found this pretty large mosaic under my bed. Probably been there at least 10 years. Finally decided to finish it off. It was going to go outside but can't be bothered faffing around getting a piece of marine ply cut to size (that'll be another 10 years) so just gonna go for it onto a bit of bog standard  MDF I have lying around. As you can possibly see it's lost a few bits and although I have extra tiles I can't find my nippers. (Also no longer sure I have the strength to use them). So a little bit of improvisation may be required. So that's the project. Watch this space!!

Why am I telling you this? And what is WOYWW? Well, this is our weekly cruise around the work desks of the great and good, checking out what's new and what peeps are up to. Hosted by the lovely Julia of Stamping Ground. Hop on over and check it out. Join in. We don't bite. Happy Wednesday.

14 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

What a fabulous mosaic Cindy. I'm glad you are getting round to finishing it; something as gorgeous as that doesn't belong under the bed. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #18

Neet said...

If you visit my blog you will see a mention of having a friend to stay - found out you two know each other. Wendy from Wales who now lives in Herefordshire? Somehow she mention ed her friend Cindy and I put two and two together and voila - it is you. Small world.
Love the mosaic, you clever girl, hope you get it finished. My suitcases from the club that were started about five or six years ago and went back to the club to be finished the other week are still in the same state. Probably ten years down the line I might be talking of finishing them.
Hugs, Neet 4 xx

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Cindy, thats a fab piece, I love the rich colours. Lol at the 10 years comment. i know that well. Have a lovely week,Hugs, Shaz #6 XxX

glitterandglue said...

Morning Cindy. That mosaic is lovely - looking forward to seeing it in its finished glory!
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #2

Ellie said...

Woah! That's a beautiful mosaic piece, very autumnal
Happy woyww
Ellie #26

J said...

Hi Cindy, I love your mosaic, very rich colours, Hope you get it finished at long last!i made a mosaic in our garden, 12 metres x2.5m took me 10months to complete!,!
Have a great week
Jan x #24

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Wow, that mosaic is fantastic! I'm glad you've resurrected it and are going to complete it. Love the colours and patterns so much!
Hugs LLJ 10 xxx

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

That must have been a big project! I'm glad you rediscovered it after 10 years! Show us when it's been erected outside - poor piece must have felt underappreciated in all those years hidden from human eyes! Let us show it some love and admiration that it deserves! Hope you have a good week! zsuzsa #24

Dorlene Durham said...

Wow! the mosaic is beautiful. I can't wait to see it completed. Have a wonderful week. Dorlene #31

Helen said...

You really made me smile! love that you "lost" this ... it looks fabulous, I hope you can fill in the gaps. It will look amazing... one day!!! Helen #1

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I would think it would be difficult to loose something so big. Hope we get to see it when complete, love it. Have a great woyww and hugs, Angela x9x

Frayed Round The Edges said...

That's fantastic, cant wait to see what it becomes. Karen 21

Shoshi said...

Wow Cindy, that's one fabulous UFO! Well worth finishing off. It's gorgeous.

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi #37

Kelly said...

Beautiful mosaic! Puts me in the mood for fall... of course I've been craving fall for weeks. hehe. MDF should work just fine as long as you won't be moving it around much. Creative Blessings! Kelly #27

What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday? #771

  Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely   Julia at Stamp...