Wednesday 18 September 2019

What's On Your Work Desk? Wednesday #(a very big one)

Some desker I am, haven't made it since the big anniversary!! Have given myself a 3 week holiday from classes and commissions and need to get at least one WOYWW in before life and commitments catch up with me.

Here's today's desk -


Pretty tidy for me I must say. I am prepping (in a low key kinda way) cutting out flowers ready to make that flower girl card at class next week. Over at the back I have a load of almost there boxes and books (I get easily distracted) that need to be finished ready for my next craft sale. I had my best ever sale at the w/e (I won't be retiring to the bahamas so don't get too excited - just significantly better than the last one when the 'profit' after table money was £1.50) and stock levels are looking a bit thin.



One of my 'holiday' treats was to get to a workshop with Eileen Hull at That's Crafty. I made this. Thought I would never willingly pick up a needle again but this was quite fun and relaxing. (Big stitches, big needles LOL).


Well of course I went a bit mad. Several new dies later and a big pile of felt I am going to have to make a few more. (Justification being of course that I would usually be spending a fortune at Ally Pally this weekend). And if further justification were needed I am going to be in Nerja for 4 weeks in February so this could be a nice light and portable project to take with me.

(If that last para appears on the blog blue and  underlined I have no idea why)

Anyhoo, why am I telling you this? Well that's because it's wednesday, the best day for desk snooping courtesy of Julia Budd at Stamping ground. Hop on over and join in. Right then, I'm off to visit a few myself.




15 comments:

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Cindy, that is a great project. I just bought a pile of felt from E-Bay to help with the Christmas Card Stash,lol. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #5 X

Glenda said...

Oh I spy a Grand Calibur! I had to retire mine as it just hurt my poor shoulder way too much to crank. It is a lovely machine and I know you lo ve it!
Glenda #13

Helen said...

Hey stranger lol .. good to see you love the Eileen project though sewing is so not me . Helen #2

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

I thought I recognised Eileen - I watched some of her videos and got several of her dies. You're so lucky to have met her! Cute little project! Happy WOYWW! zsuzsa #18

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Random things happen to me on Blogger and I don't know why either!! Love the felty sewing, I'm so pleased you enjoyed the workshop, it sounded great fun and one that I wouldn't have minded doing. Hooray for making some money, that's why I gave up doing fairs years ago, people just wouldn't pay for the goods.
Hugs LLJ 4 xxx

Dorlene Durham said...

Love your t-shirt! I need to get one. Your journal cover is fabulous. Congratulations on your big sales! Dorlene #27

Neet said...

Your Eileen Hull project reminds me of one I did with her in America a few years back - nothing like it really but it was felt and featured flowers and stitching. What am I like? That was the only resemblance! Doh!
Good luck with the flower girl - it looks to be a lovely card, do you have to do lots of prep for it - I am imagining you cutting all the flowers out for the class.
Glad your last sale was a good one, never going to make millions are we but we do have fun along the way and meet lovely people.
How I wish I was up to going abroad again, we have spent so many happy times in Nerja that, if I remember you are there in February I will be very envious. A lovely time of the year to visit but don't be scammed like we were with the last time at the Torox market with two girls giving us a flower each and then stealing our money. We couldn't even afford a drink on the way back but luckily the bus tickets were elsewhere. Talk about sleight of hand. Be aware.
Hugs, Neet 1 xx

Elizabeth said...

Hi Cindy, lovely to see you back with your busy desk. Great photo of you and Eileen - love her sweatshirt. Your felt project is gorgeous. Have a wonderful week. Elizabeth x #19

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Cindy, pleased you had a good time with Eileen and the project looks great. Pleased to hear the sale went okay too. Wishing you a lovely creative week and a happy woyww, Angela x10x

Shoshi said...

Lovely to see you back Cindy - missed you! What a busy desk. Lovely photo and a great T-shirt!! Thank you for your visit and I'm glad you enjoyed reading about how my hubby and I met. I can't believe it was 35 years ago... I am determined to get the bleaching of the teabags to work. I thought the wholefood version might work, with the chia seeds, but no... I hope you manage to get your hob fixed or replaced. I don't think I could manage without mine, despite all my other gadgets! One of my favourite cooking methods still has to be my big heavy saute pan on the hob, doing oil-free frying!

Happy WOYWW,
Shoshi #17

Lillianb said...

Happy belated WOYWDW

your desk is nice and tidy love you make from felt, Love the flowers and the heart,

Lilian B # 8

Sarah Brennan said...

Good to see you back Cindy. I caught one of the shows that Eileen was presenting on Hochanda and I did like the projects from her workshops that she shared. I don't have her latest journal die yet, but I am tempted. Love the felt version you made. Happy belated WOYWW. Sarah #3

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Ooooh, Cindy, love that felty flower project I.. it’s so inspiring I’d want to pick up my needle too! Looks fabulous.
Great desky spot and hope to see you next week too.
Happy WOYWW. Thanks for sharing, Shaz in Oz.x #20

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Diana Taylor said...

Your little booklet is just gorgeous and a great idea for a lightweight holiday project. So glad your sale went well - I have so many memories of sitting at craft sales with fingers crossed just hoping I'd make my table money back!
Hope you have a great week,
Diana x #14

Julia Dunnit said...

Great to see your desk again Cindy, its all looking rather organised I must say. Love a bit of low-key preparation, it makes me feel as if I might be in control for a minute! I think the felt book is lovely, and very repeatable, but the stand out phrase for me was ‘4 weeks in Nerja’ - now that sounds like the sort of planning i could get my head around! You will ‘need’ some crafty stuff, I agree.

What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday? #771

  Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely   Julia at Stamp...