Wednesday 16 February 2022

What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday #663

Well good morning deskers. Been AWOL again. As ever, life. 



Here's what I woke up to this morning. As you can see I didn't make much effort to tidy up before bed. I am still concentrating on Christmas and reducing the the Christmas stash. Getting there, but still finding that as I organise it a bit better and get rid of stuff I've decided I will never get around to using, the volume of it is quite staggering. The two cards on the desk have a bottom 'pop-out' panel to create a 3D card that folds flat. Saw it on a Jennifer McGuire video and it is so simple but I am playing with the dimensions to see what works best for me. Haven't got it quite right yet but they'll do. It took me 2 hours to find that teeny tiny bow on the small bauble - I was in a right panic until I remembered I had re-organised the 'christmas foliage' dies into my general foliage folder. The bow belongs to a mistletoe die. No wonder nothing gets done. I see I also left my extendable back scratcher on view. My son bought it for me a few years ago - I guess he got fed up with me asking him to scratch my back!! 

Up early today as I have the decorators in to spruce up the hall. It's been booked for ages, and deferred twice because of Covid and 'stuff'. Consequently the time arrived and I now realise I forgot to make several important decisions. For example my decorator is not impressed with my emergency door handle (it's been like that for at least 5 years). Oh well, what can I say, I'm not that houseproud and with the advent of screw tops and my passion for prosecco the corkscrew was rather under utilised. But I have been informed I need a new handle. He did say he could paint it if I wanted to keep it  but I could tell he didn't really approve.. 

So, why am I showing you my desk? Well it's our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely Julia at Stamping Ground - pop on over and join in, see what it's all about and have a go yourself. 

Have a great week, stay well, stay safe, love n hugs Cindy xx


15 comments:

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Ah, tell me about it! I can go crazy looking for something, however small, and unable to relax until I have found it. Although I have also bought things twice when it was just easier that way than finding it. Lovely cards and the corkscrew is hilarious! Are you sure you don't want to keep it LOL? Have a lovely week, Cindy! xx zsuzsa #7

Neet said...

That's two smiles you have given me this morning- your comment on my blog re posting cards and this door handle comment. Thanks Cindy - it brightened my day.
The cards look rather lovely and now you have me intrigued so I guess I will have to visit JM's channel to see what you mean about the 3D look.
I put everything that goes wrong in my head down to covid. I really think the past two years have been so strange and disruptive that it has affected many people - me included. Blame covid.
Hugs, Neet 2 xx

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I think the corkscrew handle is genius, shame on the decorator for not appreciating your fab design solutions! I love the colours you're using for the Christmas cards, that soft duck egg is lovely.
Hugs LLJ 3 xxx

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Thanks for your message of support, Cindy! You're right, it's definitely a vicious circle and when I feel my thoughts wonder into dangerous territories, I try to clamp down on them. It's a learning curve!

Crafting With Jack said...

I think your corkscrew handle is creative and functional! It’s amazing the things we “lose” all the time, especially scissors, rulers and rubbers! Happy WOYWW Angela #9

Helen said...

I think it makes a great door handle, personally! I always think if you're going to get stuff out again, why put it away..... have a great week Helen #20

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I am so impressed that you are using up stash and letting stuff go that you know you wont use again, you are very brave. I know I need to do this but keep putting it off. I think that's an imaginative use of the cork screw and I love it. Wishing you a very happy woyww, Angela x8x

Tracy said...

Hellooo Cindy, I'm loving your cards on your desk, gorgeous colour the one on the right 🤩 You made me smile about the door handle and the decorator 😊 I like a bit of quirky 😘 Have a lovely week rolling inho the we3rkend, be safe ... hugs Tracy xxx #25

Sharon Madson said...

I spend a lot of my crafting time, looking for something. It drives me crazy. I love your Christmas cards and I tried to look at them close up but couldn't. Hugs! #21

Susan Renshaw said...

Love your colour choices for your Christmas!

Happy WOYWW!
Stay safe and keep well!
I am determined to call and comment on all of you this week!
Susan #10
Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!

Julia Dunnit said...

Decorators - no sense of humour!! Thing is though a room with a corkscrew for a door handle would lead me to assume it was the bar…..and despite how much I’d like to sit and play in your craft room, sitting in your bar would be big second!! I applaud your ingenuity! The Christmas cards are wonderful Cindy…I can only say ‘I hear you sistah’ about the hunt for the little bow die. I’ve got similar stuff in more than one place and if I put them all together, I KNOW I would waste time looking in the wrong places and get in a sweat!

Stacy Sheldon said...

you go girl, I love the handle :) (but, I hope you get a knob you both love after the remodel too) I am just sitting here grinning from ear to ear. and I love that you are still doing Christmas cards too. The dimensions on those cards look fabulous from here. ~Stacy #22

Christine said...

I thought two hours was a standard for looking....
Love the door handle, nothing wrong with originality.... If it ain't broke and all that.... Paint it!
Have a good week
Christine #16

Mary Anne said...

LOL! Is that a corkscrew?! Total Bad-ass-Babe hack, till you need to open that bottle of merlot! After the day we had and all the damage, you'll be lucky to get anyone in. My friend was telling me all the tradesmen were in the pub on Thursday night rubbing their hands with glee at all the money they will make at hugely inflated prices to fix storm damage! More time to go hunting for any other elusive die....

Finally back to finish up!
Mary Anne (1)

Spyder said...

I like the corkscrew! One of our friends has a screw driver stuck in the corner cornice of her living room...its been there about 3 years now, no one can pull it out! Happy very Late WOYWW!? ((Lyn))#19

What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday # 776

  Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely   Julia at Stamp...