Wednesday 19 July 2023

What's n Your Workdesk? Wednesday #737

Good Morning All!!  Welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely Julia at Stamping Ground - pop on over and join in, see what it's all about and join in yourself.

Morning deskers!! Sorry I missed last week but I was out at the 'Crown to Couture' exhibition at Kensington Palace. I did enjoy it even if some of the blurb around the modern pieces was a bit pretentious. (A bit like reading the garden descriptions at Chelsea). Oh no, not pretentious, subversive........ Cue eye rolls. Runway fashion even though loads of it was labelled 'Ready to Wear'.  

But fun to see. 

So the desk is pretty empty as I write but I did manage these ATCs for a swap and also a birthday card for a friend who likes cows.


I liked how this quick card turned out so I put half an hour aside on Tuesday to make a similar one for my sister's birthday this week. She likes cats though so I needed another image. I did the background and turned to my stamp collection (recently re-organised and labelled) where I expected to find a box of 'critter' stamps. But they were not there. So the half hour turned into 2 hours of frantic searching.

Nope, nowhere to be found. I recall going through them around 10 days ago when I was looking for the cow. I know there are between 10 and 15 sets so it's a sizeable number of stamps. So after a full on hump for another hour I decided life's too short and went with this giraffe stamp which was in my NBU box. She's going on safari so it wasn't totally left field.

I really wish I could remember what I did with them. 

Still had the hump, but this pic from my daughter made me smile.

So that's me for this week. Hope yours is a good one. 

Love n hugs,

Cindy xx

13 comments:

Spyder said...

aw, love baby, I wonder what he was thinking..."oh no...not another picture...I'll put on my silly face!" Love the ATC's...doing them is helping me get back into the 'flow' even if it is a slow one! So glad I could finially get into Julia's and go comment on everyone's WOYWW post! I'm not sure how long the link will last though! Have a great week. Happy WOYWW!? ((Lyn)) #7

Glennis F said...

Love the giraffe Cindy, and also the background, works so well together

Mary Anne said...

Oh I do feel your pain! I have a few moment of absolute joy at the end of a massive re-org, a then a few smug moments when I think how much better the new "system" will be then weeks and weeks of "Where is that bloody box of X?? It was right THERE..." So infuriating - even more so that just when you get used to the "new" system the overwhelming urge to reorganize comes once again... DOH! Love the card, so not a total catastrophe. The box will turn up...one day LOL!
Happily a bit better for WOYWW!
Mary Anne (5)

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh that baby boy...brightened my day for sue, isn't he gorgeous! I'm so sorry about the missing stamps sets. I know the feeling, the wasted time, the hump mood, the everything. If you had them to find the cow, surely they should be somewhere onvious shouldn't they...but no, because you labelled and made a system... these words are me, going round and round punishing myself for not being able to find things..even thinking about them in bed! No doubt as soon as you stop even thinking about looking, they'll pitch up, all innocent and tidy! Lovely cards though, do like the vertical lines and am going to assume a stencil. If it was cut and stuck then I may have to have a little hissy for at how tidy you're gluing skills are....!

Christine said...

My Mother always said 'if you can't find something, go look for something else'. It works a lot of the time . . .
but I am with you about the stamps, I have now started putting my stamps into a carrier bag after I've used them then into their boxes . . .
Have a good week and i hoe the stamps turn up soon
Christine #18

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

It seems like when you reorganize, you need to take a photo of where you put it, Then you won't spend a lot of time looking for it. I need to do the same, but I'll wait till it cools down a bit in my craft room.

LOVE your ATCs. They are fabulous. I like the cow and the giraffe, too. Happy WOYWW from # 1.

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Oh Lionel does make me smile - what a great pic!! Bet you enjoy giving him squidges xx. How annoying that you couldnt’ find the critters, you obviously put it in a ‘safe place’ (ie wormhole in time and space). The giraffe is rather gorgeous though, her name is definitely Gertie!! And I laughed out loud at your Eye Rolling, I was once almost frogmarched out of Tate Modern because all the up itself right on-ness was making me laugh so much there were tears. A true story. Me and my friend went shopping in Covent Garden instead, much more fun… *grin*
We’re so looking forward to Good Omens 2! I was very unsure about Michael Sheen as Aziraphale but he absolutely nailed it. Pratchett was such a clever author, absolute genius IMO!
Hugs LLJ 13 xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Cindy, you're not the only one that can't find stuff I do it all the time and it's so annoying. I even took everything out of the cupboard under the sink to find the dog shampoo the other day and when I stood up it was on the worksurface looking at me! Loving your cards though. Wishing you a very happy and creative WOYWW, Angela x8x

Twiglet said...

I love the giraffe card. You photo beneath is gorgeous. 😀x x Jo

Helen said...

that's such a cute photo! I bet you find those stamps as soon as you don't need them. So annoying! Love the makes though. Happy WOYWW Helen #3

Crafting With Jack said...

Great ATC’s and lovely cards. The die is unusual and makes a great background. Happy WOYWW. Angela #14

Anne said...

Oh what a cutie.Miss them being like that lol. I am forever losing stamp sets. Never get round getting the organisation quite right. Hope you find them. Anne x 18

Anne said...

Oh what a cutie.Miss them being like that lol. I am forever losing stamp sets. Never get round getting the organisation quite right. Hope you find them. Anne x 18

What'sOn Your Workdesk? Wednesday #779

  Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely   Julia at Stamp...