Wednesday 26 July 2023

What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday #738

 Good Morning All!!  Welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely Julia at Stamping Ground - pop on over and join in, see what it's all about and join in yourself.

Didn't that week go fast? It's a beautiful morning here in London, let's hope it lasts, in desperate need of some sunshine - apologies to anyone suffering in the heatwaves. 

So, here's my desk.

I've been die-cutting ready to make that card on the desk with my class on Friday - I only ever take my cuttlebug to class, but it struggles a bit with fine dies so I'm doing the prep using the gemini for the added pressure and to avoid a major arm work out. Noticed that after a year there is a tiny bit of warping so will turn and re-wrap my plates later. Got asked for a turtle card and was surprised I did in fact have turtles in my stamps. Talking of critter stamps, remember last week I couldn't find mine? Well Thursday it was still bugging me so I started to go through all the places I thought I had looked. Of course I started at the wrong end. Then I found this, the last but 1 box.


I guess it's bigger labels or gotta go to Specsavers. My estimate of 10 -15 stamps was a little conservative, perhaps sub consciously I was looking for a smaller box. Hey ho. 

Been a busy week getting the house ready for DILs 30th birthday bash on Saturday (and then getting it un-ready afterwards). We have a decent sized garden and had intended using most of it, but the heaven's opened so had to cobble together 3 gazebos over the deck and the first lawn. Thank goodness we hadn't planned to BBQ. It just didn't let up all day but we managed to have a great time and the 'silent disco' worked really well - we had glow sticks and everything!!  Just a few photos to make you smile - the theme was 90's characters, can you guess them all? (Wally is hiding)








Well that's it from me, Happy WOYWW and have a great week. 

Love n hugs

Cindyxx

15 comments:

Mary Anne said...

Your BBQ looks a lot of fun - I still can't get used to Wally, not Waldo LOL! Like you I so need Specsavers. I often have to pull the trick of taking a photo of something on my phone then zooming in. DOH! The people who thought pale writing on a dark background in a .05 font was a good idea should be shot. Losing clear vision is just the WORST. Oh how I wish I had grabbed a cuttlebug back in the day. Bigger is not better always, and who wants to drag out a Big Shot Pro to die cut a tiny little die? BAH!
Happy WOYWW + Knitting day(for ME!)
Mary Anne (4)

Crafting With Jack said...

Hi Cindy, you mean you don’t flip and turn your plates with every use? Great card and I am glad you found your critter stamps. Happy WOYWW. Angela #12

Sarah Brennan said...

Quick visits today as I seem to be even busier than usual now that the holidays are here. Great card for class and photos of 90s characters! Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #15

Lunch Lady Jan said...

That last pic made me laugh out loud!! Cheers m’dear!! Looks like a great party, loved seeing the pics, I got some of the characters but not all. I also laughed when I saw the labelled critter box, you probably passed by it first time of looking, hope you found what you needed.
Hugs LLJ 6 xx

Neet said...

Hi Cruella - glad the party went well eventually.
I thought it was just me that needed Specsavers. That is heartening to hear. Mind you I have an excuse - old age, you don't. Isn't it always the case, you look everywhere for something and it is the last place you come to that yu find it. It happens time after time with me.
I wouldn't take much in the way of a die cutter to a class, Cuttlebug is ideal to let them loose with. Even then they use the wrong side of plates. Nice card you are teaching.
Have a good rest of the week and weekend.
Hugs, Neet 3 xx

Annie said...

What a fun party and I'm glad the weather didn't spoil the fun.
Hugs,
Annie x #7

Lynnecrafts said...

Your party looked great fun. It’s impressive that you had 3 gazebos on hand to cope with the rain.
Take care and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 16

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Sorry to read your party got washed out, but at least you had lots of gazebos on hand to battle the rain. I have NO idea who any of these people were supposed to be, but I sure enjoyed seeing how everyone was dressed. Happy belated birthday to your daughter.

I turn my top plate every time I use it. The bottom one is for the bottom only. Happy WOYWW from # 1.

Crafting With Jack said...

I have a large Gemini and I turn my plates regularly, but they still warp. It has too much pressure for some dies and doesn’t cut completely others 🙁. I have not heard of taping two plates together.

Twiglet said...

That looks like a fab party and Cruella really looks amazing! Cheers! x x Jo

Helen said...

Glad you still managed to enjoy the party - I missed the rain at Kew (we had a brief shower early on and then nothing till I was on the way home, luckily) Hope flipping the plates helps with the warping, my Big Shot plates are a bit wonky too.. Happy WOYWW Helen #2

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Looks like a great party despite the rain. It weas fine here today when I went out this morning but by 4.00pm it was raining and still is. I used to love my Cuttlebug until I got a Sizzix Big Shot. Bit late today as I've been out with some friends. Take care and wishing you a very happy woyww. Hugs, Angela x9x

Ali Wade Designs said...

Happy Belated WOYWW. The Ohuhu range of pens (not just alcohol markers) seem to be very highly reviewed by everyone, so I decided to give them a go last year. Hubby bought me the 72 set for Christmas. I did start down the Copic route, but that is just so expensive. I love all the outfits at your party. Shame it rained, but you definitely had fun anyway. Ali x #19

Lindart said...

looks like you had a wonderful time! I did pick up on a few characters - Cruella of course, Dr Who? A fox? Mario Brothers? Anyway, it looks like you had a BLAST! Have a great week, peace, love and light, Lindart #20

Kyla said...

ooh the party looks fantastic and love your outfit! Glad you found the critters and being asked to do a turtle card, intriguing! Thanks for visiting my desk already, running a bit late this week with return
Kyla

What'sOn Your Workdesk? Wednesday #779

  Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely   Julia at Stamp...