Wednesday 18 October 2023

What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday #750

Morning deskers, Welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely Julia at Stamping Ground - pop on over and join in, see what it's all about and join in yourself.

I was out last week and went to see 'Crazy For You' at the theatre.  I do love me some big band sounds but most of all - tap dancing!! 

Took a while to come down from the Macmillan Open House on the 8th,  but it was a beautiful day and we were able to sit in the garden until late afternoon. I made lots of tea and coffee and was able this week to send off a donation for £400. Every year I wonder is it worth it but I do enjoy seeing everyone. It also gives me an excuse to bake, the courgette cake was a runaway favourite this year which was gratifying as I had never made it before.

Anyhoo, here's this week's desk:

I am mainly catching up with various outstanding ATC swaps before I get started on prepping for my Christmas Card Class on the 27th and for a Christmas Craft Retreat on 28th/29th. I purposely kept this week fairly light on social commitments and apart from seeing Chelsey on Thursday my only outing has been to get my various jabs done!! In fact the lady who did my Covid jab today queried my age (66) - she said she thought I had made a mistake when I ticked the age box as I didn't look old enough to qualify. Well, I'll  take that any day of the week!!

That's it from me apart from a few sneaky Lionel pics. Have a great week everyone,

Love n hugs Cindy




Kew last week - bit warmer than today!!








15 comments:

Helen said...

Well done on raising so much, what an achievement. Love the Lionel pics, always a great view on the lake crossing at Kew!! Happy WOYWW Helen#4

Neet said...

Chelsey is adorable. That smile! A heartbreaker, she would get anything she wanted from me I can tell.
What a lovely compliment but then you don't and I honestly think keeping yourself busy as you do with classes and things helps keep you young in heart and it shows in your face.
I have a recipe for a courgette cake, I think, not made it but got one along with a chocolate cake with potatoes and a beetroot cake. Both of which I have made and like. Well done on the success and the money raised. I've raised £100 for Alzheimers Society with selling on my friend's dies. Her son gave them to me but I didn't want them (too many of my own) so I took them to club. Not as mukch effort as you have put iln but welcome any way and better than landfill.
Good luck with the commenting on all.
Loadsa Hugs, Neet 1 xx

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Wow, well done you on an amazing total!! The courgette cake sounds interesting, was it quite a moist texture? The new cards are looking great, love the colours, but once again it’s that cheeky chappy Lionel who steals the day, love those pics, they take me back to when my lads were small. Xx
Hugs LLJ 7 xxx

Glenda said...

I'm glad everyone seems to be getting their shots! I went a week ago for mine and glad to have it behind me. Your desk looks very busy and that little one is such a cutie Pie, I can see why you are so proud! Have a great rest of the week.
Glenda #15

Annie said...

Well done you on the fund raising. Gorgeous photos.
Hugs,
Annie x #12

Christine said...

Congrats of the MacMillan day, hard work but what a super result.
I love watching Lionel growing each week, hugs from me
have a good week
Christine #17

Crafting With Jack said...

That was a lovely compliment on your age. I wish my doctor’s would hurry up with the Covid boosters. Happy WOYWW. Angela #13

Crafting With Jack said...

Forgot to add that was an amazing total to be able to send. Well done. Angela #13

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Cindy, thanks for the lovely comment over at mine. We had our Covid vaccine on Saturday but felt a bit off the following day. We both had headache and felt chilly but okay by Monday and still pleased we had it as I've heard of too many people getting the virus again. Loving the photos of Lionel, he's such a sweetie. Happy creative woyww. Hugs, Angela x14x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a fabuloius total you made for your charity. Truly remarkable and so willing (once you saw how much you made).

Those elephants are simply adorable on your desk. Congrats on being so young looking. Nice compliment.

Lionel is an absolute doll as always, Cindy. Happy WOYWW from #2.

Sarah Brennan said...

What a great total for the fund raising Cindy - glad it stayed nice for it too. Love the latest Lionel spam! Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #6

Twiglet said...

Well done on that fab fund raising. You are a gem. Your family pics are so gorgeous. They make me smile each week so must bring you lots of joy. X x Jo

Julia Dunnit said...

That's a great big lump of money to donate Cindy, well done and how amazing you are. The weather was great wasnt it, bet you ran yourself ragged! I like the ATC backgrounds, and that little elephant is such a cute image. Your desk is very neat and tidy! Isn't Lionel growing like a little weed, he's a joy, gorgeous boy! I'm with the jab nurse, you don't look anywhere near your years.

Mary Anne said...

Aww. What a sweetie he is! Gotta comment on that cutie first. But then, what a great total! Well done you. Between you and LLJ you are doing such great work with the fundraising. Wow. I am all boosted and flu-jabbed myself and the achy arms were worth it for the peace of mind!

Happy day-late WOYWW!
Mary Anne (3)

BJ said...

Oh the courgette cake sounds cool, on the lines of carrot I suppose! Lionel takes the biscuit as usual, such a delight. Hugs BJ#5

What'sOn Your Workdesk? Wednesday #779

  Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely   Julia at Stamp...