Wednesday 8 November 2023

What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday # 753

Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely Julia at Stamping Ground - pop on over and join in, see what it's all about and join in yourself.


Well here's my uppy/down desk Tuesday evening as I try to finish prepping for my craft group on Friday. We have a mini Christmas card marathon planned and I still have a bit of prep to do. Currently have 5 cards done, would like to have at least one more to take. The one on my  desk is a clean and simple option and it's basically just using a scoreboard, die cutting and a bit of splatter. 

Trying to keep them simple and use just one technique on each but I have so many ideas it's hard to make sensible choices. I also need to tidy up - as you can see the piling of one thing on another is in full swing and I appear to have three guillotines out (I can justify that tho - small one because it is my favourite, 'orange' large one for bigger pieces of paper and  the blue one because I suddenly decided to start measuring in cms). Sadly I have got no further with my retreat projects - maybe next week!! 

Well that's all for me, babysitting from 8.30 today as DD has been asked to apply for a new role and has a zoom interview at 9.00 am.  Fingers crossed as she would be able to WFH around 80% of the time which would make life so much easier and save her a 2/3 hour commute a day plus fares etc.

Can't believe that little splodge will be 8 months old this week. Where has that time gone? And have I bored you with photos yet? (Newsflash - not gonna stop!)


Have a great week whatever you are up to.   

Love n hugs Cindy xx

11 comments:

Helen said...

oh, wow, he is growing so fast, and super-cute! good luck with the cards - they look great so far. I am sure everyone will have fun. Happy WOYWW Helen #2

Glennis F said...

He looks so cute!

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh my, all togged up for the cold and still smiling and cute, isn't he a love! I think your preparations look fab, the star card is a lovely CAS one. I know what you mean about trying to stick to one technique, but then suddenly you're mind goes into 'I could do this and this' and you want to get the prep out of the way so you can 'play' and then, when you can make time....too tired! I expect your marathon will be brilliant, I'd love to be there. As for the retreat...nothing like a deadline!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Such a sweetie, hope he's good for you today. I know what you mean about ideas and not being able to decide but we'll get there in the end. Have a great woyww. Hugs, Angela x11x

Glenda said...

I love that you have a cuttlebug die cut machine! One of the first machines I had and I wish I still had it! I gave mine to a cousin just starting out and wanting to cut dies! I have mostly gone to electric machines because of my old lady shoulders! Happy WOYWW! And I almost forgot...what a cutie that little guy is!
Glenda #14

Christine said...

Looks like your scoring a good selection there!!
No longer a splodge, slowly becoming a streak I would imagine, but with that smile . . . . . love him!
have a good week
Christine #15

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Fingers crossed for your daughter, that would make life an awful lot easier! Gorgeous pic of Lionel, he’s such a fab little boy, really reminds me of my Rhys when he was tiny xx. Hope your mini marathon is fun on Friday!
Hugs LLJ 6 xx

Crafting With Jack said...

He always looks happy! Good luck to your daughter. Have a great week. Happy WOYWW. Angela #13

Lindart said...

What a cutie pie! And a winning smile to boot! Hope your DD gets the job. My DD works at home, and loves it. I have that problem too, I want to make a "2023" card, but them too many ideas pop up and I want to make them all! Have a great week, Lindart #18

Sarah Brennan said...

Keeping everything crossed that DD's interview went well Cindy. Lionel has sucha winning smile. Like the idea of quick one technique cards for a marathon! Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #1

Lynnecrafts said...

Enjoy your mini- marathon today, Cindy and fingers crossed for your daughter. Lionel’s a real cutie!
I’m on catch up;
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 7 xx

What'sOn Your Workdesk? Wednesday #779

  Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely   Julia at Stamp...