Wednesday 15 November 2023

What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday #754

Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely Julia at Stamping Ground - pop on over and join in, see what it's all about and join in yourself.

Here's my desk  this week. 


Ten minutes after this it was complete chaos as I started getting out bits n bobs to decorate the heck out of those stars etc.  I have 3 weeks until my final craft fair for the year and I don't really have anything to sell. I thought these would be quick but it's not looking that way. I had a bit of a re-arrange for the desk at the back today and moved the pc. See that 'hole' to the left where my bigshot lives? I call that the glory hole because when I am sitting at my desk anything I can't be bothered to put away gets shoved there. Heaven help me if I ever wanted to use the machine. But I tidied it today and all that is left is one bill I can't actually remember if I have paid or not. I also set up my SAD lamp to the right of the pc - not entirely convinced it does much but I'll try anything to get me through the winter.

The Christmas mini marathon went very well, I had 9 ladies who arrived dressed very festively and we had a lovely morning making cards, listening to Christmas songs and eating mince pies. Here are my samples, demos and 'using up the bits that were left' cards.









I've spent most of the last couple of days tidying up the house (unfortunately that is a job that is never quite finished) as I am conscious that I will start getting nagged about decorations very soon and much as I love Christmas I can't deal with mess on top of mess. But today is definitely a craft day, and also there are some desks to visit of course!!

I have been reading a great book that has kept me mildly amused. 'I'll let myself out' by Jessie Klein. I am so going to get a copy for my daughter. Still haven't heard about the interview, but we have found a child minder (well, if she had called her when I gave her the number 6 months ago she wouldn't have been fretting and looking at awful nurseries so long. But anyway that's all good). My DiL had an interview on Friday and was offered the job on the spot so some more good news this week. 

That's it for me, seems a long post - sorry!! 
Have a great week, love n hugs Cindy xx

No idea what's going on here but made me smile


13 comments:

Annie said...

I really hope your get your craft stall stash all made successfully. That little photo really won my heart.
Hugs,
Annie x #6

Helen said...

Hi. What a great post. The cards look fabulous. Am hoping the forecast fir Saturday us wrong. . Wet again ! Happy woyww Helen #2

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Yay, another awesome happy Lionel pic - he is just fab! I love the cards you did with the gals at the marathon too, that sounded such fun, I’m glad it went well. There was a good variety of designs to please everyone, I really loved the big die cut snowflake on the coloured splodge (technical term, lol!). Really fab!
Hugs LLJ 5 xx

Crafting With Jack said...

Fabulous Christmas cards. I have some paper like your top card. I never know what to do with it, but it looks great on your card.lots of luck with the craft stall. Happy WOYWW. Angela #4

Lynnecrafts said...

That dounds like it was a fun day! Love your cards.
Well done to DiL with her new job, and good luck with your interview.
Take care and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 10 xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

The cards so far look great and I'm sure they will sell well. I love the splashy ones with the large snowflake, gorgeous. Hope you get enough made in time for the Craft Fair. Wishing you a happy and creative woyww. Hugs Angela x11x

BJ said...

The stars and baubles will be splendid a great addition for the craft table. Love the white snowflakes on coloured inked back backgrounds and the stars and splatter cards. Lionel and the car ears is super made me smile too. Hugs BJ#13

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh my, that Lionel is so photogenic! What a sweet and happy pic! Loving the sight of your desks....I understand about the getting out of the stars and then the after effects of dragging stuff out to use...but I bet they look brilliant now. Your marathon cards are just fab, couldn't choose between them for a favourite, frankly. The glory hole explanation made me laugh...me 'shove it left' is just a teetering pile and I actually found myself thinking that if I slept with Bart, he could make a shelf to extend the desk...as if I actually need space to fill with cast off stash!! Great news on the job and childminder fronts, a weight off, huh!

Neet said...

Sorry I am so late, had one of those days yesterday where i achieved nothing.
Oh what a darling photo to end your post with. Just want to pick him up and cuddle him. I am sure the child care in March will be fine and with all thoughts of Christmas out of the way you will just wrap yourself up in it and love every moment.
Well, Cindy, you certainly sound as if you are mega busy. I just wish I could help out with your stand at the craft fair but my days of making things like that for stalls are over.
I think your idea of buying something for yourselves and having a great day out making memories is a good one. So much money is wasted on presents that we just fix a sum for one another and give a wish list of possibilities. Of course mine always includes stamping stuff, what else do I need at my age?
Hugs, Neet 7 xxx

Sarah Brennan said...

What a fabulous selection of cards Cindy. Hope you manage to get enough made for your craft fayre. Happy belated WOYWW Sarah #1

Ali Wade Designs said...

Happy Belated WOYWW. Your Christmas Card Session sounded wonderful - although I am not allowed to eat mince pies whilst I am on this exclusion diet. Hoping that it proves I am not sensitive to any of the ingredients, so next year I can enjoy them again. Ali x #16

Kyla said...

ooh brilliant news on the DiL job front and loving your glory hole (lol!). Your marathon cards looks brilliant, glad it went well and fingers crossed you are able to catch up with your makes in readiness for the next show.
Thanks for visiting my desk already
Kyla

Spyder said...

Wow! Get crafting!! A craft fair in just a few weeks! I know I could never do that. I'd get stressed out! But on saying that, they look (so far) fabulous! Sorry I;m soooo late, Happy Late woyow (or early for tomorrow! ((Lyn)) #20

What'sOn Your Workdesk? Wednesday #779

  Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely   Julia at Stamp...