Wednesday 13 March 2024

What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday? #771

 Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely Julia at Stamping Ground - pop on over and join in, see what it's all about and join in yourself.

Here's my desk Tuesday pm after Craft Club.


This is the first week I actually managed not to forget anything essential and I actually managed 6 cards despite being distracted by another huge haul of unwanted craft goodies to rummage through. The cards won't win any prizes but they all used up stuff that's been about for yonks so a win as far as I am concerned. 

The pile on the right is what I picked up for a just a few pounds - this is me being restrained. Everyone was intrigued by the two clarity stamps which I have discovered are called 'backdrops'. Sarah Brennan, when I googled to find out how  to use them your name came up so I shall expect some guidance!! I'm guessing they are to make splodgy bgs and take prints bit like a gelli plate.  I'm not sure about the 3 houses either but do like a challenge.  Tomorrow I will be back on Christmas as I have rather let my schedule slide being away for 3 weeks.

Apologies - there are Lionel photos to come - you can always scroll by.  

Indulge me lol.

Guess who added the party hats?


Lionel was 1 on Saturday and my daughter threw an amazing party. As usual Lionel was a little star, he arrived at 3 (after we had been slogging our guts out getting everything ready) and was still dancing in his PJs at 10 pm. Party Animal indeed. He doesn't look smiley in all the photos but he was a happy bunny all day, not a single grump or grizzle. It was also a great day for getting all the families together.   

With Nonna

He got a LOT of cards

Mum and Dad

With one of the many aunties

Little sweetheart. 

He looks so diddy!!


Time for cake!!
So that's all for me and blogger has gone all weird so goodness only knows what this will end up looking like. 


Have a great week,
Love n hugs Cindy xx






13 comments:

Neet said...

Give Lionel a belated birthday hug and kiss from me. What a little ray of sunshine he is. Made my day seeing all those photos of him. That was an amazing cake, nearly as big as him! Thanks for sharing.
Lovely cards on your desk and one made it's way to mine, well, to my coffee table - thank you so much for thinking of me.
Hugs, Neet 4 xx

Mary Anne said...

What a lovely lot of cards. And a great haul - one crafter's trash and all that :) What a sweetie Lionel is! And who could scroll past? Not me for sure. Happy Birthday to him!
Happy WOYWW!
Mary Anne (8)

Lynnecrafts said...

What a lovely set of cards. Lionel is a real sweetie. Glad you all enjoyed his 1st birthday.
Take care and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 13 xx

Marit said...

O that face of Lionel, lovely! Happy belated b'day! I love your cards, it's always satisfying to use up old stuff isn't it?! Enjoy your day, hug from the Netherlands, Marit #15

Helen said...

Glad Lionel enjoyed his party ! You got lots done at club ! Thanks for dropping by . Helen #2

Chana Malkah said...

Lionel is adorable! It looks like he had a fabulous party!

I think your cards are great! I need to break out my Postage Stamp Die. I haven't used it in ages!

Have a fabulous week!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, WOYWW #18

Lisa-Jane Johnson said...

Well I think the cards are lovely! Looks like Lionel (and everyone) had a great party. He really is adorable! I like the idea of those background stamps as sometimes you need a grungy panel but don't want the mess of getting paints etc out. Have a lovely week, Lisa-Jane #10

Crafting With Jack said...

You were lucky with your crafty buys! What a fabulous looking birthday cake, a year already! A happy belated birthday to Lionel. Happy WOYWW. Angela #1

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Cindy what a great time you all had, Lionel is such a sweetie. The cake looks great too. Interesting collection of craft goodies. You made me smile when you mentioned about your Christmas projects. I still have some stamps and papers waiting to be used as I really planned to make more cards while I was still in the festive mood and it just didn't happen, what are we like! If you decide to make some bubble papers only use a small amount of water probably about three table spoons and a table spoon of washing up liquid and about three to four drops of reinker, I found the Oxide reinker worked well. Mix it well and blow using a straw. I've tried two ways of transfering the bubbles to paper either using a spoon or pushing the paper through the bubbles. Too much water and you wont have much colour. Oh and the heavier the paper the better. Get back to me if you need any more help. Hope that helps. Happy woyww, Angela x12x

Lindart said...

Lionel is adorable! One year old already, the time does fly by! Still partying t 10pm? Wow, what stamina! I can't even do that anymore! Have fun rooting through your pile of goodies! Have a great week, Lindart #19

BJ said...

Oh my if I did ask a question, who knows what it was, such is the state of my memory these days - LOL no matter if it occurs to me again I will ask - LOL. Oh what are we like!
What a super cake and colourful party for Lionel, gorgeous. Hugs BJ#3

Just looked at my comment last week and I said when did Lionel learn to walk? Maybe that was it? not earth stopping LOL

Kyla said...

ooh good stash, not heard about those stamps either though! Loving the birthday celebration photos and such a bonnie wee one too.
kyla

Julia Dunnit said...

OOh you did well with the craft haul....I know it's a card but I do like the large postage edge finish on them, looks really good.
I like the houses stamps best, gotta bit of a collection going but I rarely use them, they're obviously just images that appeal!! Lionel looks edibly gorgeous if you ask me, I'm struggling a bit to compute that a year has gone by already! Great way to see everyone all at once we used to look forward to parties for just the same reason, but oh boy, there's a lot of work isn't there! Worth every second. Haven't had a chance to hope that you had a good three weeks in the sun..was it too long? long enough? Are you practicing for a longer period next year? It's on our minds to be away for a couple,of months over winter now...

What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday #777

  Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely   Julia at Stamp...