Art Draw 2014

My Photo
London, United Kingdom
and I would like to thank you for taking time to visit my blog. I hope you'll leave me a message - whatever you have to say I like to know you've been!! Cindy xx

Thursday, 10 January 2013

Boxing clever...

Today an altered box.

This was the original one I liberated from my mum. Apparently she had a regular supply that has, alas, now dried up. The demise of the independent corner newsagent. She has a few more sitting on her shelf, they might not be there long.

Once again kickstarted by a Craft Stamper Project and a challenge at the Crafty Emblies Challenge Blog ( Toy, Toy Box or Toy). This challenge blog is only for altered art, no cards and atcs allowed.

It's amazing what you can do with a bit of paint and and embossing powder. The box base took no time at all, the bits to decorate a little longer although that big flower was made some time ago. I won't really be keeping any secrets in it, that's just a bit of whimsy, I don't have any secrets to keep (those that know better should keep that information to themselves).

Back soon.



Netty said...

Just saw this fab box on your facebook page Cindy, terrific alteration. x

sandee said...

Love you "secret" altered box, very nice indeed! Shame you only have a limited supply of them now! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Allthingsinky said...

Fabulous altered secret box..

inkypinkycraft said...

A really gorgeous make! Lovethe colours..trace x

Helen said...


Meggymay said...

Fabulous, what an amazing alteration, gorgeous colours and style.
Yvonne x

Sylvia Blum said...

WOW, this is amazing!!! Gorgeous project - wonderful alteration!!!

Sandie said...

A stunning everything about it.Gorgeous colour choice and the flowers are stunning.

Thank you for joining in with our challenge at Crafty-Emblies.

Sandie x

Moira Gray said...

This is fabulous, love the metallic feel to the flower and flourish, great colour as well.

Thank you for joining our altered art challenge at Crafty-Emblies.


Deborah said...

Wow, it's stunning Cindy!What secrets will you keep in it, I wonder? :-)

BTW Pam Carriker stamps are by Stampington - the only place I've found them in UK is Art from the Heart.

chrissies said...

What a beautiful box to work on Cindy and you have made it very special.

I completely forgot to finish my box for the challenge and haven't time to get it done now as there is only 2 hour before it finishes. Hope it fits in with another of their challenges sometime.

Love Chrissie xx

Martina2801 said...

Wow - this is very impressive, dear Cindy!
Stunning work. Love your altered secret box!

Blog Archive