Wednesday 3 April 2013

WOYWW #200 - Thank You Very Much!!!!

Wednesday seems to have come around even quicker with the Easter break - hope you had a good one, I certainly did. I had a PJ day on Friday, work Saturday, saw mum on Sunday and as I am on my own at the moment and deserted by youngsters I had most of Monday to myself. I decided it was time to tackle the huge box of WIPs which was threatening to overflow. At the same time, I had had a request from a work colleague for thank you cards so I thought I would get out some of those unused or unfinished card kits and make a few simple cards. Here are the Thank You ones.
I think I may have overdone it.





Birthday cards
A lot of the cards were made using the Hunky Dory 'Butterfly Sorbet' kit which is really, really pretty and very easy to put together. I bought it mainly because I coudln't resist the dimensional butterfly cards.

Dimensional butterfly card
I prefer stamped or 'arty' cards myself, but I find they don't sell as well as the kit cards and unless commissioned people don't want to pay for the big fancy cards. However, I expect these to go down very well and I wanted to get some more stock done as we are having a quiz night at work next week. But it doesn't matter if they don't, it just means I have stuff ready for my MacMillan Day later in the year.

And in the spirit of getting things finished here's the current
 project I am trying to get done and dusted
which was supposed to be a present for a friend
for LAST Christmas. Ooops! So that's what I've been doing this week and now the decks are clear I have a hankering to get out the melt pot.... been watching Hels all week on C & C and am feeling the need to dip and pour.

For the full details of WOYWW and how to join in, pop over to Julia Dunnit's blog 'Stamping Ground'. I am at work today so will  be visiting late. Have a good day!!
 

15 comments:

Helen said...

I would say they will do well, and what a productive time you had - amazing what no interruptions can do for the concentration...!! Have a great week. Helen, 4

Lisa said...

Hey Cindy, fab desk as ever, you have been a busy bee! Love those 3D butterflies. I spied your work in Craft Stamper yesterday too, congratulations x

Hugs! Lisa Sparkle :)

Maisie Moonshine said...

Hi Cindy, just wanted to say well done on getting your beautiful dragonfly card in this months Craft Stamper. Have a fun week MMx #73

ria gall said...

That's one heck of a lot of cards but they look beautiful and I am sure will sell really quickly

Enjoy your WOYWW sunny day today
Ria #65

shazsilverwolf said...

Love all your thank you cards- really pretty. Love the butterflies, really gorgeous. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #52 xx

Neet said...

First of all Cindy, I like your cards. Boy oh boy, did you make a lot. Hope they ell - no reason why not. Sadly you are right, stamped cards do not go down as well but it's still good to make them isn't it. Come in handy for stamping friends and their birthdays.
Hope yours do well,should do, they are so pretty.
Hugs, Neet xx 6

Anonymous said...

wow! Your cards are beautiful and you've made so many!

Lauren x #127

Netty said...

wow you have been busy Cindy. I agree people do prefer to buy this type of card. Not me though....I love your arty ones. Hugs Annette x

http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

Krisha said...

Hi Cindy,
What a great stash of Thank You cards! You have been busy!! They are so lovely, sadly hand stamped doesn't sell as well, but these should fly out the door. Happy WOYWW, I'm not linked up this week, still on Grandma duty..LOL

Anonymous said...

Amazing cards. They are beautiful. Hugs, SueC#94

Rossella said...

Wow Cindy, what a week you have had. I think I need some of whatever you have been on.
Happy WOYWW
Rosie x

SandeeNC said...

You have been a very busy crafter, lots of gorgeous cards! They should be well appreciated!! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

Anonymous said...

Love those dimensional butterflies!

ANNETTE HUSBAND said...

Hi Cindyy
Im late getting aruound for WOYWW. You have done an awesome job getting all those cards done....they look awesome and the butterfly ones divipne! Im an arty stamper too and find making pretty or cute rather hard LOL. Good luck with the other WIP. Ill send mine to you to do too LOL
hugs
Annette In Oz #74

Gibby Frogett said...

Belated WOYWW greetings... what a great selection of cards, especially the butterflies. Gill X #93

What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday #775

Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely   Julia at Stampin...