Monday 10 January 2022

No it's not Wednesday

 

Just popping in to show you have I am getting on with my Christmas cards.  It's all about getting out the NBUs, using up bits already cut out and generally clearing out Christmas stash.

First I had this layered stamp set that makes a holly background. There are several different ways to go with this But I decided to go with all three stamps using different coloured inks. So I ended up with several similar but not identical background pieces.

I decided I wanted to use this big believe die which I have had for 3 years and never used. I felt it needed the rest of the sentiment (believe in what?) so as I have several stamps that say ' believe in in the magic of  Christmas' I found one I could remove the 'Believe' from. Layered up I think this one came out quite well.



A few more ideas - I hadn't used the flag dies, the large sentiment or the holey-scallop-edger die before so ticked a few boxes there.



I asked for this hexagon die by Pink Fresh for Christmas but not particularly for christmas if you know what I mean. Not entirely sure why now. These 2 cards caused the most anguish because  the background pieces were not quite big enough for the die (doh) and then I had terrible trouble matching papers and deciding on the frame colour. In the end I cut it out in several colours/patterns. Of course now I have loads of the hexagons to use. Aaargh, I'm supposed to be using stuff up not creating more!! However, even though these got terribly close to the bin at times I quite like how they turned out. 

Still a mountain of stash to sort. I could be here some time.....


1 comment:

Joan said...

Great card, love the stamped holly background and also how you have used the Believe die, I have it and haven’t really used it, might steal your idea😀

Joan x

What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday #777

  Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely   Julia at Stamp...