Wednesday 2 August 2023

What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday#739


Good Morning All!!  Welcome to our 
weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely Julia at Stamping Ground - pop on over and join in, see what it's all about and join in yourself.


Well I'm pleased to say there is actually creative work on my desk. I belatedly signed up for the Fodder Challenge at the w/e and decided to give myself permission to play this week. I have enjoyed every minute so far despite the house deteriorating slowly around me and the rising piles of laundry.

It has been a great antidote to the dreadful weather on Sunday and Monday (and probably today). Maybe August will perk up a bit.  

Have used quite a  bit of watercolour in these challenges which is not a go to medium for me (although if you saw how much I had you wonder why) so that has been an interesting learning curve for me.


Here's a pic of the five challenges I have managed since Sunday.  I hope to  get 2 more done today and then I will really be running out of time but I will make sure I watch all the videos before they disappear. I hope to do at least 9 of the 12 challenges. However I am being selective, and doing them in the order that appeals most to me. 


The book is an old art journal of my son's and I have a project in mind for that. It had a couple of drawings on the first page - I didn't want to cut the pages out so did this instead. Love that sentiment.


On that note will wish you a happy WOYWW and a very creative week. 
Love n hugs 
Cindyxx

11 comments:

Mary Anne said...

Me too. I did the ones Iliked best first. and your watercolour masterboard is simply stunning. I feel like I left too much white space on mine and am keen to do another. But there is so much fodder school to catch up on now I doubt I will circle back around any time soon - although I might, cause I have a new book and a new book structure to play with and this might be just the ticket to make the base...we shall see... :D
Happy WOYWW!
Mary Anne (4)

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

These are great. I glanced at it and then didn't go back. Are these from the freebies. What a great way to use up left-over stuff. This would fill up a journal really quickly, love it. Wishing you a very happy woyww. Hugs Angela x8x

Neet said...

All you have done is great. I could not pick a favourite as I think I love them all - and I am being honest. Not a clue what this fodder challenge is that you are talking about but glad it has got you doing something different.
I know just what you mean about having lots of something that you rarely use. Guilty mi' Lud!
Hugs, Neet 1 xx

Julia Dunnit said...

Great way to do it CIndy, just pick and choose, I love what you've done so far, and the wealth of techniques that you get to remind yourself about! I love that sentiment too, it sums up everything from the amount of stash to the amount of mess!

Sarah Brennan said...

Loving what you have done so far with the Fodder Challenge Cindy. The laundry will still be there when you have had fun with it. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #15

Lunch Lady Jan said...

People think that watercolour painting is easy - it’s so not! I’ve had a try of a few tutorials now and it’s definitely harder than you think. I like your projects, they’ve worked well. Isn’t it daft that we have to give ourselves time to sit down and do something we enjoy? I feel guilty if I sit down and read a book in the day, daft or what?!
Hugs LLJ 5 xx

Christine said...

Great use of the fodder!
I watched them but decided it wasn't really me although I did think maybe doing the ribbon one as I have lots of material which I will never use.
Have a creative week
Christine #18

Crafting With Jack said...

Great work on the fodder challenge, I must start, I liked so more than others. Happy WOYWW. Angela #9

Lynnecrafts said...

I do like your challenges. Watercolour can give great effects but it can be tricky.
Enjoy the rainy weather and the crafting time
Take care and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 12

Helen said...

Great fodder challenges! I hope you enjoyed today's weather... it decided to lash down at it's worst as I came home from work.... apparently this time next week may see an improvement (of sorts) Happy WOYWW Helen #2

BJ said...

Oh lovely to see you doing the Fodder Challenge. Love your pieces and very wise to pick and choose at this point. It has certainly made me use stash which hasn't seen the light of day for 10+ years! Yes literally that long. I've been doing a lot of watercolour lately, used the watercolour pencils you sent me on the four patch piece (they used pastels but don't have any of those yet!) Anyway your pieces are super, go you, the washing will wait, I even had my hubby asking for clean boxers the other day LOL, well I have been a bit poorly too. Hugs BJ#3

What'sOn Your Workdesk? Wednesday #779

  Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely   Julia at Stamp...