Wednesday 23 August 2023

What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday #742

Good Morning All!!  Welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely Julia at Stamping Ground - pop on over and join in, see what it's all about and join in yourself.

Well another week flies past in a blur. Sorry I didn't  get around to everyone last week, life happened.

The desk has, surprisingly,  seen quite a bit of action. I had a friend over to make cards on Thursday, and she is in the habit of leaving her stuff at my house. 

Well I told her on her last visit I don't really have the room any more and handed her said 'stuff' - long story short she returned on this occasion with a pile of flower cut outs she said 'weren't hers' so she had brought them back. I had gifted them to her but now she would rather not have them than find room for them in her own house. Sigh. So I got a bit distracted when she'd gone and decided I would use them to make 'clusters' rather than find them a home. It would also mean they would no longer be available for use when she visits. Petty? 

Possibly.

I also realised I had 3 important birthday cards to make so tried out a new design for them using diagonals but in the end I went for something different using circles - they all turned out similar but different. I think I will make a few more of both sorts!! 

Then I really had to start prepping for my class this Friday. I have these old card 'Fairy door' blanks from Craftwork Cards and have had this idea in my head for a while. I decided to run with it this month as it requires virtually no prep and it will be a small class. 

Rather pleased with this one which is currently on my desk being fine tuned although I may have overdone the stamping on the wreath. Less is definitely sometimes more! 


At one point my desk was the polar opposite of last week's photo but I decided to spare you that. Have a great week, love n hugs Cindy xx

15 comments:

Mary Anne said...

Oh the cheek! Your clusters are lovely and well done you making good use of them. I am not sure I would invite her back for a crafty session anytime soon! Love the design of your "special" cards, and they all do look very different. Clever you.

Have a happy WOYWW!
Mary Anne (3)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

To be honest, I think your friend was being petty. Sounds like she looked a gift horse in the mouth. Your use of those little flowers is inventive. I love that you chose lots of circles, which of course, is different. And I love those cards you made, too. That is one special 90 year old.

That is a unique card you are prepping for your class. I like the wreath. I don't think you overdid it, but I'm not a card maker and I thought it was stunning. Happy WOYWW from # 7.

Sarah Brennan said...

Making quick visits as hubby is off work. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #17

Tracy said...

Hellooo Cindy 💛 despite the goings on with your friend, you've made a gorgeous array of blooooming beeeeautiful cards ❤️🌸🌿🌼🌿🌺💛 gorgeous colour throughout 🌈⭐️right down to your special birthday cards ... oh my the stories that could be told from years gone past on reaching 90 years⭐️ I'm in love with your fairie card and don't think it's overdone at all 💛 I'd be tempted to add the odd little gem around the wreath 😁 truly beautiful Cindy💕 Enjoy your class and the days ahead with much love and hugs Tracy #15 xxx

Christine said...

Petty? yes, she is!
So pleased you could use them up, do make sure to tell her how grateful you are that she returned them to you so you could create the beauties . . . .
Super cards, love the diagonals . . . something a bit different.
Create and enjoy
Christine #19

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I think all the comments above pretty much say what I was going to, lol! Petty yes, but it’s her loss not yours. I love the full wreath on the fairy cards, don’t change a thing! Hope your classes go well!
Hugs LLJ 1 xx

BJ said...

Like the idea of "clusters" and can see some of the flowers on the cards too. My fav is the lefthand dragonfly one. love the peep hole circles and the layering oh and of course the colours. The fairy door card is super too, peg stamps I believe for the wreath. Yep my bedroom/craftcorner is south facing too and the warmest room in the house! Typical as hubby is in his thermals! LOL Hugs BJ#12

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Cindy, interesting situation you have there with your friend. Loving the cards which reminds me I have some more birthday cards to make. Have fun at the class on Friday. Wishing you a happy and creative woyww, Angela x14x

Glenda said...

Petty or not you have made beautiful cards. It's her loss!
Glenda #17

Crafting With Jack said...

No definitely not petty. In fact good for you for finding a use for them. Petty would have been to put them in the bin🤣🤣
Seriously , it’s hard enough to find space for your own stuff without other peoples. Happy WOYWW. Angela #2

Helen said...

shame your friend spurned your gift. Love what you did with them though. Thanks for dropping by. The heat hs got to me this afternoon and I have a headache so off to find food and drink with as little effort as possible!! Happy WOYWW Helen #8

Neet said...

Isn't it funny how something suddenly narks you. My neighbour has just been across and we have had a good old moan about people narking us. Her loss and someone else (recipient) gain so a good thing in the end.
Your cards are lovely and I do like the one you did with the two pixies sitting together. I have only just bought it as I thought it might come in handy for a wedding card but then I couldn't get an idea out of my head. Hence I am doing something totally different.
You didn't end up as 'anonymous' but strangely I comment on a friend's blog and I come up as ... wait for it ... huggles! Now where on earth did that come from?
Hugs (maybe from here?) Neet 6 xx

Twiglet said...

Your cards and the little flower clusters are lovely. I think you put the bits and bobs to good use. Better than being hidden away. x x Jo

Susan Renshaw said...

What a lot of lovely cards and clusters!
Happy WOYWW! Susan #11

Kyla said...

ooh that did make me laugh about your friend!! Love the cards, especially the one top right, love the angles and placement. thanks for visiting my desk already
kyla

What'sOn Your Workdesk? Wednesday #779

  Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely   Julia at Stamp...