Wednesday 5 June 2024

What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday #783

 Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop WOYWW which is now being hosted at Sarah Brennan's blog. Here's the link for that lovely lady - Sarah's Craft Shed - pop on over and join in, see what it's all about and join in yourself.

Oh dear.  Views of my desk at 10.00 pm on Tuesday.



Now, both these surfaces were absolutely clear at 10.00 am, no mean feat as I did a craft fair on Saturday and then was out and about all day Sunday. However it took by my estimate less than an hour to reduce my tidy craft room to this horror. In my defence I had to prep for my card class on Friday and had started pulling things out of boxes willy nilly as I tried to pin down exactly what I was going to do. It's gonna be a large class (10 currently signed up) which brings it's own challenges in regard to materials and tools but I am trying to work round that. We are going to try and do a bokeh effect background like this.  


Would you believe that despite my vast number of stamps I could not find a suitable floral silhouette stamp the right size/orientation? So am having to improvise to create my own 'cluster' which is why I pulled out so much stuff.
Sigh.  I'm sure we will manage, there's always a Lavinia fairy!!!!

I'll just finish with a couple of photos of my little splodge, who will be with me tomorrow. Just love him to bits.  



Have a great week!!

12 comments:

Mary Anne said...

Awww what a cutie. You could have die cut a simple flower from fun foam to use as a stamp... I know I have a few that would work that way. I wondered how the craft fair went, knowing it took you a bit by surprise :). Well, I hope!
Happy WOYWW!
Mary Anne (1)

Lunch Lady Jan said...

OMG the Cozy Coupe shots took me right back to when my boys were the same age and they had the car too, they loved trundling around in it and it looks like Lionel is too! Absolutely love the bokeh effect on that card, if I lived nearer I’d be coming to your class too!!
Hugs LLJ 3 xx

Lynnecrafts said...

Lionel’s so cute! I love your flower-sprigged card.
Take care and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 8 xx

BJ said...

Oh my word, just melted at splodge photos AGAIN! Can you believe I've had my distress inkpads for well over a decade and never owned nor needed a re-inker! Shame really as could have done with ink in a dropper bottle for some of the techniques in the art journaling courses/classes. Never heard of the word Bokeh before but love the effect you have produced, super cool, and yes googled it. Hugs BJ#7

Helen said...

Hope the fair went well. And that you weren't as cold as I was at Kew! What a "busy" desk trying to find the right thing! Happy woyww Helen #2

Neet said...

Lucky you spending time with your adorable grandson. That smile, gets me every time.
I think you and early mornings don't always work for commenting - just check your comment on my blog - I think you finished off talking to someone else. It did make me smile.
Looks as if you have been very busy and likely to be so for a while - am sure though that they will love the bokeh technique - I like it and it has prompted me to do something with it another day (cooking for friends coming for dinner tonight) because yours looks so nice.
Hugs to you and L xxxx

Twiglet said...

It doesn't seem 5 mins since Ben was trundling round in his little car. Enjoy every minute - they grow up so quickly. Good luck with your workshop. I'm sure you will nail it! x x Jo

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

It takes minutes to make a mess and hours to tidy it up. I absolutely adore Bokeh and I'm sure your class will love it too. Splodge is a real sweetie just make sure he doesn't tire you out too much. Have fun and a happy woyww, Angela x12x

Sarah Brennan said...

Lionel is a little ray of sunshine Cindy. Loving your prototype for the Bokeh card. Good luck with the class (and the tidying). Stay safe and thanks for joining in with WOYWW. Sarah

Crafting With Jack said...

Such a cutie, which mode of transport will he be driving?🤣. The bokeh card is a great idea, have fun with your group. Happy WOYWW. Angela #16

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Hi Cindy, this is a beautiful card and lovely photos too. Happy woyww Michelle #14

Susan Renshaw said...

Finally I am getting round to visiting and commenting! Your surfaces look like mine do regularly! It's a beautiful card. Happy WOYWW! Susan #5

What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday 785

  Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop WOYWW which  is now being hosted at Sarah Brennan's blog. Here's the lin...