Wednesday 31 July 2024

What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday #791

 Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop WOYWW which is now being hosted at Sarah Brennan's blog. Here's the link for that lovely lady - Sarah's Craft Shed - pop on over and join in, see what it's all about and join in yourself.

A different desk pic for me this week - it was too hot in my South facing craft room to get in there yesterday afternoon so I decided to start a bit of crafty sorting - starting with my many copies of that old favourite 'Craft Stamper'. 


Before regretfully assigning them to the skip I had a quick trundle through to remind myself of forgotten techniques and projects, removing a few pages to keep and possibly act on. The page in front of me caught my interest - you'll see why if you look closely. Next month's craft class project sorted I think.

We had a bit of a family 'do' at the weekend as we all met to celebrate Little Splodge's christening. He was an angel during the service and we all decanted to a local park for a celebratory picnic. There were so many of us it looked more like a small encampment than a family get together!!




Well that's it from me, hoping to get round a few peeps before the heat forces me out of my room again. Enjoy the glorious weather, drink water and laze about. 

Love n hugs,


Cindyxx



10 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Such lovely pics especially the family shot, it made me smile. What a great idea to have the picnic, so much more relaxed, I bet everyone thoroughly enjoyed. And well done for throwing the mags out too, it’s so tempting to hang onto things but so much better to clear the slate!
Hugs LLJ 3 xx

Mary Anne said...

Awww. So sweet - and don't you look proud! How lovely. I still have a few years of CS from years back and they are still inspirational for sure. I don't even get any mags now and I do kinda miss the excitement of one landing thru the letterbox! Sometimes I think I should tear out stuff to keep but then my interests change and I regret binning them. I am a hoarder at heart LOL!
Happy WOYWW!
Mary Anne (4)

Sarah Brennan said...

I can finally comment. Have had to change browser. Looks like a fabulous family event Cindy and the picnic was a great idea - especially in this weather. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah

Neet said...

That's a job waiting to be done at mine - sorting craft magazines out but I thought I would scan the pages I want and put them into a database for reference.
Thanks for the Splodge photos, so glad you had such lovely weather. The picnic in the park sounds wonderful and it gave little ones plenty of run around time I guess.
Hugs Neet 1 xx

Lisa-Jane Johnson said...

What a beautiful family! I'm glad you had good weather for your 'encampment'. I can't see what caught your eye in the magazine but I too keep pages that I fully intend to go and emulate! Have a wonderful week, Lisa-Jane #10

Helen said...

What great photos in the park. Glad you found some shade. I can imagine how hot your room is . My office is boiling . Happy woyww Helen #2

Crafting With Jack said...

Lovely, happy family photographs. I have stopped buying magazines now, too many price increases! I do keep a check on them each month, just in case something tempts me😊. Happy WOYWW. Angela #11

Lynnecrafts said...

Looks like a lovely family event- I’m going to one on 11 August in Stoke but the weather forecast is rainy so I doubt it will be a picnic. Such lovely photos of yours though.
Take care and happy WOYWW
hugs
Lynnecrafts 12 xx

BJ said...

Oh that magazine is certainly a keeper. I got it one a couple of times way back when... Little splodge looked lovely for his Christening I can't imagine a large family as it is only 3 of us well only 2 now. Hugs BJ#5

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I have loads of Craft stamper magazines and try to let some go but it's hard. They are such great magazines even though some of them are quiter old now. Great photos of the family. Wishing you a good woyww. Hugs Angela x9x

What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday #797

Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop WOYWW which  is now being hosted at Sarah Brennan's blog. Here's the link ...