Saturday 1 August 2009

Happy Birthday Renee.....


well for a few days ago anyway. This card and little piece of artwork were made for a dear friend from across the pond who celebrated one of those 'special' birthdays this week. The card with detachable CD badge is unashamedly inspired by a CD hanging sent to me recently by Trish (thanks!!). The stamp is about as cute as I get, and is a design called 'Wish' by Leanne Ellis. (I've also just realised that the beautiful canvas Renee painted me for my birthday last year is called 'wish'!! We're obviously both hoping for something...) The artwork is just a small mixed media piece on card using old text papers with stamping and collage and finally attached to its own display easel. I quite like these little easels and I've got a few more of them in my stash.... think they'd be quite nice to give as cards in their own right.

mmmm that gives me another idea...lots of birthdays coming up still..

2 comments:

Jan said...

WOW Cindy - Love them both. I can imagine that Renee wuld have been over the moon with her card - beautifully designed with the CD piece. And the artwork on the easel is lovely - as is everything you make.

Crafty Critter said...

Cindy the are both stunning, your friend is very lucky to recieve them both.

What's n Your Work Desk? Wednesday # 773

  Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely   Julia at Stamp...