Thursday 20 March 2014

Happy 103rd birthday

No that’s not a typo. I have had a standing commission for the last few years to make a card for my friend’s nan who reaches the grand age of 103 early next month. I heard the other day that she had tried pasta for the first time and quite enjoyed it. Sweet!

Surprise, surprise, I have gone with that Sue Wilson inspired card design again. Why? Well because I think they are pretty and I kind of have it sussed out. Maybe that’s being lazy but I tend to err towards a sensible use of my time especially when I have a lot to do. Promise I’ll find something new to obsess on very soon!!

IMG_1067[1] IMG_1071[1]

Once again I used a pattern paper, this time from Theresa Collins. I chose yellow/orange for this year – we are gradually working our way through the colours – and glittered over the paper using an adhesive sheet. So blingy!

All the flowers are handmade, I’m trying to perfect this little dahlia type style. They come from the Tim Holtz Tattered Flower Garland strip die.  

What a privilege to make something pretty for such a special lady. Roll on next year!!

7 comments:

Krisha said...

What a stunning card.
WOW 103 years! WOOT! WOOT!

I really study your flowers, they look so real.

Scrappelise said...

Hello!
I came by to take a closer look at one of your stamps as I saw in a Google pic. but then I saw the lovely birthday card her for a 103 year old lady. And that card is so beautiful too and such a lovely story! I`m sure she will love the card!
Hugs from Norway.

Glennis F said...

That is so pretty. The oldest person I have made a card for was 100, but sadly has now passed.
103 is such a great achievement!

Meggymay said...

A stunning card, for a special lady, what a grand age to be.
Yvonne x

Hettie said...

This is gorgeous Cindy. Love the delicate colours but those flowers are stunning.
Hugs
xx

chrissie said...

Stunning card Cindy with such beautiful colours and flowers.

Chrissie x

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I can't fathom being 103 but I hope if I do make it that far I'm still of mind and body to want to eat pasta and know what pasta is!

What a gorgeous card! So bright, happy and SPARKLY!!!!

What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday? #771

  Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely   Julia at Stamp...