Oh yeah, catching up. Off to Ally Pally today for inspiration and some retail therapy but before I go thought I would share what I got up to yesterday afternoon. I was trying out a Saturday off as I changed my work day this week to help out(have worked every Saturday for the last two years) and me likey, hopefully I’ll be able to get this in my new timesheet.
OK to get back to this month’s tag. Well, apart from the distress ink and a couple of embellies I do not haveany of the products Tim uses so this is going to be just an ‘in the spirit’' of’ tag – obviously I can’t reproduce the techniques without distress paints but I can try for a close copy. Here’s Tim’s.
First I substituted Mme Payraud tissue paper for the tissue strips as a background. I decided later it might have been better to apply random strips instead of gluing all over. I added paint (fresco finish) and then inked over and ‘distressed’ with water. (Never mind the paint resist, I’ve got some glue resist going on there!). Quick check to see if this is where I should be going – a bit dark maybe but not too shabby.
Meanwhile, as I don’t have the die or anything vaguely similar to do the inserts I decide to use some trellis die cuts I have. I can’t really paint and sandback so I paint, emboss up with distress EP for texture, paint again. and then ink the edges.
So here’s the finished tags. I just cut out some random diamonds to go in the gaps and used a similar spiral die to make my roses. Haven’t learnt any new techniques really but I still like the end result!!