Tuesday 15 April 2014

Try It On Tuesday – More than One Fold

No it’s not an origami challenge (although that would be quite acceptable!) but this fortnight at Try It On Tuesday we are asking for projects that have more than one fold.

I decided to finally try out a never ending card. I bought the card blanks ready scored and cut some time ago although I am no longer quite sure where they came from. I was fascinated by the concept and had made them up ready to decorate – I have to confess I really wouldn’t know how to start to make one from scratch now!

Here is the front of my card standing up.

IMG_1120[1] 

The centre opening folds out to reveal the second layout.

IMG_1121[1]

The centre panels flip up and down to reveal a sort of cross shaped card which you can sit up a bit like an easel. (Did you see that the small centre panels on the left and right are still there?) There are no rules on how to decorate the card but I left the bottom panels blank for a message.

IMG_1122[1]

The centre panel opens up to give you a fourth layout, and a final turn takes you back to the beginning which you can also sit like an easel for display.

 IMG_1123[1]

IMG_1124[1] 

If you are really clever and put non – directional images on some of the panels you would have a card that  was the right way up front and back all the time – I tried – but epic fail!! All the images are printed from a CD, either Fabulous Fashion (House of Zandra) or the Frou Frou digikit collection (Crafters Companion).

So if your mind isn’t completely blown by that we’d like to see what you can produce with More Than One Fold! Pop over to the blog to check out the DT inspiration and link your project.

Happy Folding!

8 comments:

Mrs.B said...

Hi Cindy, what a fabulous design for your card. Great use of those images
Avril xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous card, easy to get lost while making it! Hugs, Valerie

chrissie said...

This is amazing and such a lot of folds :) Looks very difficult to make. The images and colours are all wonderful.

Love Chrissie x

Meggymay said...

Fabulous design Cindy, I was looking forward to seeing all the details.
Yvonne x

Bee and Dee said...

A great never-ending card, hugs Bee

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I've seen one of those never ending cards before and they sure look pretty neat. I can't image trying to mock one up from scratch. Yours is quite awesome!

zandra said...

I love this card, have made a few myself. So, cute!
Happy Easter!
Hugz, Z

vic said...

Wow this a stunning love all the folds it looks amazing!

Vic x

What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday? #771

  Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely   Julia at Stamp...