Wednesday 8 July 2020

What's On Your Workdesk, Wednesday #579

Morning deskers, on this grey and drizzly day. Late on parade and must start by apologising for not getting to everyone last week, In my OH's wisdom, a couple of weeks into lockdown he researched, bought and installed some kind of 'booster' for our internet so that it could be used in the garden - much to my daughter's delight, and mine when it's nice. That is the sum of my knowledge about this. But what I do know is that since that day I regularly lose my signal and cant do anything at all web based. And that is what happenned towards the end of last week and why, after a very good start I just gave up. Jury is still out whether it's us, our provider or the large numbers of peeps zooming away on t'internet but I know what I think!!


So, once again I have been waiting this morning to get online since I got up at 6 am. As I couldn't link, I actually started doing something on my desk, a commission for a friend which is just as well as the desk was pretty uninteresting otherwise. I've been using colouring pencils as she wanted soft yellow flowers. I have also been die cutting some flowers for my next NBUS project but they are on the other desk. Typical, the one of the dies I really want to use won't cut on my bug so I'll have to get the gemini out - that projects been abandoned for now as the gemini is a bit noisy to start cutting at 7, I would not have been popular. I've done quite a few NBUS this last week so scroll down if you want to see.

Well that's about it from me, fairly short and sweet. Got a lot to do before I start Christmas next week.
It seems increasingly unlikely that I will be back teaching craft classes before the new year so I'm just carrying on doing things for myself. Makes a change.

Happy WOYWW, stay safe, stay well, Cindy x
 

12 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Noooooooooo, you can't start Christmas next week........ oh ok, if you insist then, lol! I like the soft yellow flowers very much, isn't nice to have a commission like that, I find a definite brief to work towards helps sometimes. I sympathise with your IT woes as well, upgrading to Windows 10 broke our old PC and we had to get a new one...curses. Hope your interwebs is improving a bit now.
Hugs LLJ 6 xxxx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Cindy that is one busy desk my friend. I understand how you feel about the internet. I've had loads of problems with getting connections on my phone, it's very annoying. However , you're here now and always pleased to see what you're up to. Have a lovely and productive WOYWW, Angela x15x

Diana Taylor said...

That card is just so pretty - what lovely little flowers and so nice to work on a commission.
I hope you get your internet problems smoothed out soon,
Have a good week,
Diana x #14

Neet said...

Teaching on hold here too, although our club seems to think we will be going back in September. Don't somehow think I will be joining them as I cannot see how it can be done with safety measures.
Lovely card that you have been commissioned with, delicate yellow is just perfect for that and I recognise the tin but don't think mine is a big as that one.
Keep enjoying what you are doing
Hugs, Neet 11 xx

Sue Jones said...

Afternoon Cindy, sorry you are having wifi problems. I dont do Christmas until around October ha ha . Have a lovely week . Soojay #19

Helen said...

love the card you are working on! what a pain that your internet signal is pants!! have a good week and enjoy Christmas next week lol!! Helen #2

glitterandglue said...

Hi Cindy. Frustrating when you can't get done what you need to, isn't it?! Hope the internet sorts itself out for you, so you can visit everyone you would like to today. That's a lovely card - the colours are so gentle - well done.All the best when you start on those Christmas boxes... You will have all your own Christmas cards done before you know it.
Take care. Stay safe. God bless.
Margaret #3

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Cindy, nothing worse than the internet keep dropping out. Could well be the booster. Maybe it keeps losing the connection. Love the card, the flowers are very pretty, love the colour. Stay safe, have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #5 X

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

I'm not very good when it comes to things technical but I know how annoying it can be when you can't do what you want to on the internet, I hope you find out what's causing those down times. That's a lovely looking card on you desk.. i'm eeking at the words Christmas. Nooo!!
Happy WoywW Tracey #12

Sarah Brennan said...

Don't use the C word yet Cindy lol. Hope you get to the bottom of your internet troubles. Lovely look to the card. I am saving for the polychromos to go with the F-C Albrecht Duerer watercolour set that I have. Stay safe and happy belated WOYWW. Sarah #1

Julia Dunnit said...

Gosh if you use Sky, I would say its frequent drop off seems normal. It is here and my goodness it makes me cross. Specially if you get up at 6am....surely the weight of users at that time of day cant make it so sketchy. Argh! I think you’re right about workshops, but hasn’t it been nice to have the opportunity to be at your desks just to do your own thing for a while. Dont tell Jan, but Christmas is on my horizon too. And frankly, as summer seems to have disappeared, I dont feel too strongly about it!! Your friend will love the card, I thought the flowers were decoupage images...your colouring is wonderful!

Susan Renshaw said...

Your colouring is beautiful!
Sorry to hear about your internet issues - it is a pain!
Stay safe and happy belated woyww!
Susan #8

What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday # 776

  Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely   Julia at Stamp...