Tuesday 4 February 2014

Try It On Tuesday - Travel

It’s that time again folks and this fortnight at Try It On Tuesday we have a nice easy theme – travel!

I had a hankering to make another book for my DT piece and here is my (hopefully) weathered looking travel journal. Simple card and tissue paper with paint, inks and a bit of rub-on to highlight the wrinkles.

feb 2014

The spine is hand stitched as is the bit of grungeboard I used to reinforce the spine – I actually thought it cracked quite a lot on the fold (I thought it was supposed to be flexible?) but I guess it only adds to the general look. The inside pages have lots of travel themed stamping but there is plenty of space to write or embellish. There are also a couple of pockets for those interesting bits of memorabilia. Unfortunately I only have the one picture as my ipad is resting and I need to get this posted.

Hope this will encourage you to make your own project on the theme and hop on over to Try It On Tuesday where the rest of the DT have as always done a superb job.

See ya soon!!

8 comments:

Mrs.B said...

Fabulous book Cindy, love the aged look you've achieved.
Avril xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Wow, fantastic piece Cindy! Valerie

chrissie said...

This is terrific Cindy--it looks like a real leather book.

Chrissie x

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Very nifty looking! You definitely got the weathered and well-loved look down.

Meggymay said...

Awesome book Cindy, loved the aged and leather look.
Yvonne x

Carol said...

love it real vintage look x

Halle said...

Love the look you were able to achieve. Looks amazing!

Bee and Dee said...

Love your book, it does look like real leather. Hugs Bee

What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday? #771

  Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely   Julia at Stamp...