Thursday 3 June 2010

The Blue bird of happiness??


Just thought I'd share this little bird hanger with you. It's for a trade over on Flickr and we had to create a hanger using a bird template. I really struggled with it until I decided I would just make it look like a bird (doh!!), hence the wings. The little hanging plaque says 'No bird soars too high if he soars with his own wings', which is a suitably uplifting quote I think. Well, at least I got this one done in time, I am forever missing deadlines!! Have a couple more things to finish, have been most remiss at entering things lately.



Also made this card for a friend whose birthday was yesterday - when I realised that the rose is the 'flower' for June I had to use that rose fairy stamp again. I really think she is one of my favourite flower fairy images. Here's wishing everyone a warm and sunny weekend!!

8 comments:

Netty said...

Love them both Cindy. Annette x

Jan said...

LOVE the blue bird Cindy. You've made it really special. And the card is just beautiful... very, very pretty

Anonymous said...

These are both great Cindy, my daughter wants me to make her a bird!

Karen said...

ooo that bird is stunning Cindy and I really love the card X

Sherry said...

Beautiful Cindy - both of them.

Carole said...

just love the bird :)

Lisa said...

I love that birdie!!! Have left you a little something over on my blog if you want to play along. No worries if you don't!!!!

John Dyhouse said...

Love the bluebird, and love the quote. Another technique to the bow

What's n Your Work Desk? Wednesday # 773

  Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely   Julia at Stamp...