Sunday 18 March 2012

I got the glitter out for Mother's Day....

This is the card for my mum, kept it simple, she would be suspicious of all that gushy stuff LOL. Can take no credit for this design other than the technical execution as it is based on one I saw Chloe of Chloe's stamps demonstrating on create and craft TV.

I was really impressed with her blingy cards so I bit the bullet and got out the glitter - the flowers and leaves are all glittered (not sure it shows in the pics) and I love it. I do however now have sparkly jeans and a sparkly carpet.





Struggled a bit to cut my aperture (apparently spellbinders are not that happy about going through three layers of card at once LOL). Afterwards I realised that if I had gutted the mirri mat it would have been easier and I would have saved myself a large bit of mirri card. doh. Will know next time.                                                            
  Happy Mother's Day everyone!!


5 comments:

Deborah said...

A very pretty card, Cindy. I bet your Mum will love it.

Viv said...

This is lovely Cindy! Am sure your Mum loved it. - and a girl has to have a bit of sparkle on her sitting room floor...... x

Astrid Maclean said...

This is a stunner Cindy, just gorgeous, and I do totally agree with Viv. Also glitter is better than Gesso lol, which I seem to collect on just about all my clothes. First of all, it makes a girl sparkle no? and it comes off in time....

Sherry said...

Beautiful card Cindy, bet your Mum was not at all suspicious (lol) and totally loved it! Hope you had a lovely Mother's Day too xx

Maureen said...

Lovely card Cindy, I thought Chloe's designs were great but haven't tried one yet.

What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday # 776

  Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely   Julia at Stamp...