Monday 8 October 2012

Autumn Colours at Try it On Tuesday

 
This time of year, between when the kids go back to school and the clocks go back,more than any other reminds me of the years when my children were younger and life seemed somehow simpler. I remember the leisurely walks home from school, playing in the park and making the most of the last of the sun, collecting conkers (boy, did we collect a lot of conkers!!) and watching the trees change colour as the days passed. It's quite  a few years since we've done that, and in fact I don't have anyone going back to school or even college this year as they are officially all growed up, but the autumn days still fill me with a certain nostalgia and a longing for that time. So when I saw the theme for this fortnight's challenge was Autumn Colours I thought I'd make a sort of journal/canvas to commemorate that feeling.
 


I actually think this project looks better IRL, it's basically a canvas with some gorgeously blended autumn colours overstamped with leaf images in brown memento ink. The leaves are printed from a digikit and covered with printmagic - they do actually look quite leaflike! - and the figures are from an inkadinkadoo stamp. I couldn't find a sentiment that expressed what I wanted to say so I wrote my own (so don't laugh).

Everyone loves Autumn colours they are so rich and warm so why not create your own project and join us at Try it on Tuesday? Just remember to enter only five challenges in total if you want to be considered for Top 5. Can't wait to see what you get up to!!

I'm putting this up really early as I have yet to master the scheduled post (well, I think I understand it, it just never seems to actually happen) and I am off to Paris in the morning - Yay!!

a bientot,

Cindy

7 comments:

chrissie said...

Wonderful Autumn art piece.

Enjoy Paris-I bet it is wonderful there in Autumn

Love Chrissie xx

Astrid Maclean said...

Gorgeous piece and I so totally recognize that feeling!

Kay Griffin said...

Gorgeous! I love autumn colours so much :) x

Meggymay said...

Wow, an amazing canvas , love your creative background and colours.
Super images and words as well.
Yvonne x

Words and Pictures said...

Lovely atmospheric canvas - and what a gorgeous sentiment!
Alison x

May said...

Beautiful autumn canvas Cindy...love the sentiment!! Hugs May x x x

Neet said...

This is gorgeous. That background colour you have built up had y feet moving - reminded me of a lovely autumn day walking along, feet rustling in the leaves and just marvelling at all the wonderful colours. Thanks for that!±
Hugs, Neet xx

What's n Your Work Desk? Wednesday # 773

  Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely   Julia at Stamp...