Tuesday 20 November 2012

Try It On Tuesday - Christmas Sparkle!!

Well a very simple little card from me this fortnight as I am prototyping my all-and- sundry christmas card which needs to be flat to save postage and using my 'new' Christmas stamp - I say 'new' because it is actually an oldish Lily of The Valley image but I think it is very sweet, (and very quick to colour for mass production!!).


I did however try out a different technique on this card. It may not be obvious from the photos (I have a nice close-up but can't get it to load up the right way round even if I rotate and re-save it - go figure). After stamping and colouring the image with promarkers I put a double sided sticky sheet (? correct name escapes me) over the image and then glittered onto the sticky surface with a very fine white glitter. I thought I might lose the image but it comes through nicely and kind of looks like it has been done on glitter card. So a nice bit of Christmas sparkle for this Tuesday's challenge!!
Don't forget to enter your sparkly christmas projects by hopping over to Try It On Tuesdays and linking in. We'd love to see what you've been making.
 

6 comments:

Caroline said...

This is beautiful Cindy the image is adorable and the layout is gorgeous. Caroline xxx

Meggymay said...

Gorgeous card Cindy, love what you did with the glitter.
Yvonne

Netty said...

Loving your beautiful Christmas card Cindy, xx

chrissie said...

Adorable card Cindy and the colour you have used is really nice.

Love Chrissie x

Mrs.B said...

Hi Cindy, gorgeous card, love the glittered sheet.
Avril x

Cazro said...

Hi Cindy, A beautiful card, clever way to glitter it, adding the sparkle. Cazro

What's n Your Work Desk? Wednesday # 773

  Morning deskers, welcome to our weekly Wednesday Blog Hop - WOYWW. Here's the link to the one responsible, the lovely   Julia at Stamp...